Tom Herman stresses he deceived no one at UH before taking UT job

People just need to relax. Herman is part of our history and what has happened to him is of interest to many. If that doesnt include you then go read some other threads and avoid this one.
There are recent threads about Levine, D’Orofino and others, but the negative Nancy’s didnt come out of the woodwork to voice their displeasure. Those that decided to do so here need to get a life. Evidently Herman affected them more than others.

ok, not a problem. It just seems you were rather rude to suggest I needed to let it go. Whether I do or not is really none of your business.

“ok, not a problem.” - You should have stopped here

“It just seems you were rather rude to suggest I needed to let it go.” - I didn’t. See explanation above.

“Whether I do or not is really none of your business.” - still being rude

well, I guess we are all rude and some are more sensitive than others. I will stop there

Coincidentally an old interview with TH when he was here at UH came up on my Youtube feed and he did specifically say UH was ‘the best University in the country’. It was in 2015 when he was all-in at UH. His tone definitely changed in 2016, post B12 expansion fiasco. The platitudes became more about the players and team than promoting the school. His eyes were wondering west at that point

1 Like

UH Quote: Don’t believe 99.9% of what you read on the Internet.
UT Quote: “Winning is really really hard”

2 Likes

When he included stipulations in his contract on building the indoor practice facility and caused it to be built rather quickly. i thought at the time, no matter what happens he will leave UH a better place.

I think Herman had the potential to be a legendary HC had he stayed at UH. Something akin to what GP was for TCU. Unfortunately for him he lacled the vision to see that. Worked out for us anyway so all good by my account.

3 Likes

He went from hero to zero in 6 short years. Even the analyst job with the Bears flamed. It is hard to imagine the fame he had and then…nothing.

1 Like

Young coaches these days don’t know how to build anything beyond what’s only good for them… There not any more Bill Yeoman’s or Bobby Bowdens who stayed and built powerhouse FB programs and their names are legendary at the Universities for there loyalty and patience in building such sucessful FB programs.

Luke Fickell may be the exception

2 Likes

He was always going to leave. He wanted the UT job. He started negotiations with his contract during the Navy game week that is when the strength and conditioning coach put his house up for sale. Co-worker lived next to S&C Coach in Pearland. Co-worker is a UT honk and came to work telling me Hermann is going to UT after UH lost to Navy. Then as this timeline has shown he left. I do not really care because he won with Tony Levine recruits. We saw major and CDH lose with the player he recruited. I wish him best, but do not want him back.

5 Likes

I am thinking we have one right now. He may not be real “young” but he has lots of seasons left in him.

Here’s to our coach Dana Holgorsen, may he be the most successful head coach in UH Cougar history!

Edit: He is only 4 years older than Herman. He will be here for years and years

11 Likes

Herman proved to be a bragging fraud.

As someone said a few years ago, he caught lighting in a bottle for a brief time.

At least made a lot of money.

3 Likes

But he really loved his players. After all he kissed each one on the cheek. :wink:

1 Like

Judas betrayed all of us.

3 Likes

Herman’s success= G Ward

I give Herman credit for bringing in a good defensive staff. That couple with Levine recruits was a good fit.

Offensively, Levine had some good players that produced in spit of the offensive coaching.

In this interview, his lips were moving…
So…well…you know…

A whole lot of Tony Levine’s problems as a coach come down to Travis Bush, and his inexplicable loyalty to Travis Bush. There were other curious personnel decisions, but I think they were fixable.

3 Likes