Tom Herman

bruh…

3 Likes

He’s trying to do what? :thinking: Same guy who said he can’t coach this sh*t. The team of players he recruited C’mon man I take a coach who kisses his players over CDH…“I can’t coach this shiggity.”

1 Like

Remember, he said that with the team he mostly inherited from Applewhite. Frustration, and I understand it, perhaps he should have kept it to himself, but he is a passionate guy.

2 Likes

CTH is too but more affectionate. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

You write some funny stuff.

2 Likes

He said that last year. Not the first year after taking over from Applewhite. Was like 3-4 years ago.Those guys are his recruits

Nope! He said it during his first season in 2019 and he was coaching an inherited team from Applewhite. He was referring to the 2018 team Applewhite recruited which was 73 in the nation. 2017 wasnt much better. Holgorsen was handed a s**t team thanks to Applewhite.

2 Likes

And over the last two years he won 20 games. Please remember that he was not recruiting/getting Big 12 players. We will see now, and realistically, it may take two more to begin gaining traction. I still see 6-6 or better this year, the first in the Big 12 with more in year two.

We will see soon enough!

2 Likes

No, that was from his first year at UH

2 Likes

4 Likes

That does seem like quite a high bar for failing in the B12. I’m willing to cut holgy a little more slack than that and not call hypothetical 6-6 a failure next year, but I would also understand that some here have higher expectations of excellence. I certainly hope he clears the bar.

2 Likes

I stand corrected…my bad. But he did say this last year. Which is no endorsement of his recruits.

“The Cougars beat Rice 34-27 Saturday, but the man responsible for leading UH was clearly not in a good mood. What did Holgorsen have to say about his team after improving to 2-2? He’s “tired” of how he has to deal with the players on the roster.”

“Tired of yelling at them. Tired of motivating them. Tired of all that crap,” Holgorsen explained to the press.

1 Like

I suppose part of my definition of failure is if your employer sees ones work as below acceptable to the point that they terminate your employment for unacceptable performance.

Quite the high bar but heck… If that’s the standard then that’s the standard. Can’t go 7-5 or below .500 in conference or it’s a failure I guess.

1 Like

He was fired mainly because racist Texas boosters cared more about their minstrel school song and that he sided with his players instead of the boosters. Well geez… what a failure he is for standing by his players. Unacceptable performance for sure.

1 Like

There is a big difference, I think. Every year, UT had and have a bunch of 5 and 4 star recruits. It is always rated as on of the top recruiting programs in the country, On the other hand, UH is not near UT when it comes to recruiting, and it is going to be a while for UH to catch up with the already established programs in the big 12. In addition, don’t forget about the transfer portal, because we can not afford to lose good players like, our former running back and one of our best offensive lineman. If you and all of the UH fans know anything about sports need to understand that it is going to take some time for UH to have a winning season in the Big 12. Please, support our university, and lets see what happens

6 Likes

Sure, they would have let him coach there forever having 7 and 8 win seasons with top 10 recruiting classes if only he had sung “The eyes of Texas”. And then you bring in racism??? LOL! Great conclusions from a seriously skewed mind

1 Like

Eff Tom Herman

He was the most successful coach outside of Mack Brown since Akers.

Sark in his introductory press conference stressed that under his program players would stand for “Eyes”. He wouldn’t have said that if it wasn’t a major issue for the administration and donors. Sure there’s other things they cite but the song controversy absolutely was a big part of the reason he got fired.

And yes, Texas donors sent said some pretty racist ish in their emails to the athletic department in response to the “Eyes” controversy as reported by the Texas Tribune, Austin American Statesman, Houston Chronicle. You can go read for yourself.

But if you think a dude with two 8-win seasons a Sugar Bowl winning season and a .700 win season is failing to perform then I’m glad you agree that our even worse performing dude is also failing. lol

3 Likes

I’m good. Thx tho!