Tomorrow’s AP poll

We beat Oregon rank #18, when Bol was playing.

2 Likes

I feel you…1 loss for us 10 paces backward…1 loss for rest if top ten, stay same or move forward with a makeup win…one loss for Cincy, two plus weeks.to get ranked.

1 Like

I just use whatever ranking has us the highest…so NET works for me. :wink:

1 Like

If you noticed in the post I said 2019. That’s why I say inspite of not playing any ranked teams they have steadily moved up in polls n gained tremendous respect from Writers across the nation imo.

1 Like

Reread post. I said 2019.

1 Like

Seth Davis isn’t the problem voter. Its Jesse Newell. He has the most extreme ballot every week

2 Likes

Big 12 guy, of course.

Loving our steady climb! I had a salty Tech coworker come by to knock our strength of schedule and say how we won’t know if Coogs are legit until the tourney. I told him “yeah wish we played a B12 schedule, if Coogs had a few quality losses, we’d probably crack the top 5 by now”.

Go Coogs!

5 Likes

Most of the hard core P5 fans are the same. Prima donnas. Texas Tech and Baylor are lucky to be in the Big 12. I still don’t know how they managed to pull that off.

Coogs need to kick their butts one opportunity at a time.

3 Likes

You tell him, “We asked twice, yall said no, so we as are doing it our way, dont hate!”

4 Likes

I had a Tech buddy of mine say the same exact thing!!! Arrogantly asked me “who have yall played” Lol their strength of schedule isnt that much better than ours and I think the big 12 is overrated!
No team in that conference scares me the least bit!

1 Like

Here is the company that the Coogs keep on Jesse’s ballot:

Jesse put Virginia Tech at 11, his extremely high pick…hmmmm…must be a VT fan!

1 Like

OOC comparison with NET Ratings:

1 Like

lulz…Duke completely skews their OOC NET ratings.

1 Like

Newell basically just looks at kenpom.com and goes with that. He actually moved the Coogs up to 13 (Kenpom has us at 16) so he jumped us above Iowa State, Auburn and Maryland. Otherwise, the only other changes he made on his ballot compared to kenpom.com were swapping Kentucky with North Carolina and swapping Texas Tech with Michigan.

4 Likes

We have a rough game this week. Maybe our toughest home game of the season…if you consider how complete they played against SMU. Win that one by more than a couple and we’re in good shape.

Newell’s top 25 has 9 extreme picks. That means 40% of his picks are 5 or more spots off from the final results. 8 of his 9 extreme picks, he has the team ranked lower or higher than all the other 63 voters.

It’s an obvious cry for attention. He probably gets a bonus from his newspaper every time a thousand angry fans click on their website to view his profile and stories.

4 Likes

They could easily put UH at #7 and Tennessee at #8 but I give them the benefit of doubt since they beat #1 Gonzaga in a neutral court.