Tomorrow’s AP poll

If Seth Davis has us at #7, we probably should be #1. Just kidding but after Michigan lost I agree with Seth, #7.

1 Like

According to GOCOOGS on Twitter it’s looking like we’ll move up to 7

How do you look at the individual ballots that are already released?

People post their ballot on Twitter. Can look up top25 ballot or something similar

Thanks for the info

Go to Collegepolltracker.com and after you click basketball , go click on Houston and you will see how ea Voter has voted ea week. Good luck!

1 Like
1 Like

#8 it is.

1 Like

I’m good with that position. Good to see Cincy back in at 23.

88 points ahead of Michigan and 45 behind Tennessee.

3 Likes

We picked up 60 points this week. It was about what I expected. I didn’t know if MSU would jump us or not, they did. I knew UNC would since they beat Duke. Kentucky gets Tennessee this week. With two wins this week, I could see passing the loser of their game.

4 Likes

#6 in Coaches poll !!

7 Likes

I am not 26-1, best record in the nation. We were at 8 two week ago. now we are at 8 again when every team ahead of us accept Gonzaga lost at least twice.

1 Like

yes it’s tough when your not playing any top 20 Teams and other high ranked teams are. You can’t take away from MichST winning on road against top10 team and missing 2 starters. All is well.

1 Like

uhhh no Sir, Coogs have never been #8 in AP this 2018/19 season. They were #8 in Coaches poll last week and now #6 in Coaches. #9 in AP last week is highest ranking in over 30 years!

4 Likes

It’s encouraging to move up in both polls this week…I would have to think that if the Coogs run the table in the regular season, that would be good enough for at least a top 6 spot in the AP heading into the AAC tourney. Then, if they win the tournament, I would think a 33-1 record would guarantee at least a #2 seed, and put them in contention for a #1 seed.

Exciting times for sure.

3 Likes

Sorry 9th

Rather be higher rated in the Coaches poll anyway!

1 Like

Have to look at who they are playing and possibly losing to, then these same teams come right back and have wins against another top20 Team. Can’t dispel that part-- see UVA, couple others very similar,not going to go through them all but has to be factored in. Bottom line Coogs have played one game(Home game) against top25 opponent in 2019. I personally think they are in an excellent position as we get closer to March.

More of this!!

Two ranked opponents. LSU and Cinci are both top 25 teams.

1 Like