Top 5 AP Poll - Voters Thus far

#6 is fine with me since we have only beaten one top 25 and looking at the AAC, it doesn’t look like we are going to get a chance at another top team until the tournament.

Texas Tech needs to keep winning and maybe beat Baylor and Kansas.

2 Likes

Boise is really good. I wouldn’t be shocked if they have a Utah State type season from a couple of years ago.

1 Like

Also UCF got 6 votes. Somebody has SMU at 25 cause they have gotten 1 vote a couple weeks in a row.

1 Like

Up 1 spot in the coaches poll to #7. 1 point out of 6th. Villanova getting a lot of coaches love. A little bit of work to reach #5.

1 Like

They’re on FS1 tonite at 8.30

Watched Nova a few times. Overrated…

1 Like

Kansas will almost certainly lose to Baylor twice, at least once to West Virginia and maybe to Texas Tech next time they see them. I’m more concerned with WVU jumping us than Kansas not falling below us. We just need to take care of our own business.

I know you can’t look past any teams in conference, but based on what I’ve seen so far, SMU is the only team in our conference where a loss would not be considered a bad loss in my mind. The AAC is really down this year. And apparently Penny is taking a master course from Bill O’Brien by landing a $12 million, 5 year extension based solely on his ability to obtain top level talent and do absolutely nothing with it.

6 Likes

Connecticut voter has them at #25:

(Ooops…I guess that was Week 4. Could be the same guy though in Week 5 since he had them at #25 in Week 3 and 4)

I’d say pretty good spot…recognized as a top 10 program but not in the top 5 firing range for a school looking for a signature win. We should move up on the basis of wins (hard to do with the issues we’ve had with cancellations), not on other school’s losses. We’ll be fine come March.

1 Like

Probably the same guys who said it doesn’t matter how many games Ohio State played in football, they should be in CFP.

2 Likes

We’re a bygod basketball school

3 Likes

Ridiculous article. How is it any different than Gonzaga being ranked #1 before they played their first game?

6 Likes

We will definitely be top 5 and their is a chance a top 4.

Villanova point spread is between 3 and 8 spot,

Whereas our voters last week were as low as #15.

We were only 32 points behind them last week.

Seth david moved us up 3 spots to now #12. Villanova stayed at #7 for him. Already a 3 point gain on Nova, 29 points to go.

The thing that gives us a chance is WV lost and Iowa loss, the WV loss doesn’t help Villanova as much as us because WV was taking more of our votes away.

3 Likes

Steady @#4 by Jeff Borzello who actually has done his homework on the team.

3 Likes

Are people really complaining about our ranking? UH fans have been so beaten down that they think everything is a slight! lol.

4 Likes

No, we’re really happy! I know I’m ecstatic :)!

1 Like

I’m good.

Nope we all are good just a discussion about where the team will end up.

I’m extremely happy with our ranking and obvious respect.

#5.

1 Like