Top 5 UH quarterbacks of all time?

Maybe I dreamed it, but I remember a wide receiver running down the right sideline, wide open around the 50 yl and being hit in the back with a pass from the 1 yl. He never turned around. If he had caught the ball and not been tackled by the turf monster, another 99 yarder would have been added to the record books . . . . .

Just going back to late 80s

1. D. Klingler

Andre Ware
3. Case Keemun
4. Greg Ward
5. Kevin Kolb

2 Likes

We have to find him to rank him. I’d say we rank him MIA.

IIRC Danny Davis quarterbacked us to our highest end of season ranking, No. 4 after beating Maryland in the Cotton Bowl. I was there!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/11W/status/983379112650686465

1 Like

I am disgusted with all of you for not having any sense of our athletic history.

Anybody heard of Kyle Postma? There wasn’t any deficit too large when the Postman was delivering.

With his arm If you needed 9 yards he would throw for 10. If you needed 20 yards he would throw for 10. He is the only QB in history that could out run his passes.

All kidding aside I did like him.

1 Like

You forgot David Dacus

BWAHAHAHAHA Had me rollin!

1 Like

Piland, O’Korn, Blake Joseph, postma, Tune have to be in the conversation for GOAT UH QB

Dont you ever put Postma on any list with those others. He came in the 2015 Memphis game against the nationally ranked Tigers after we were WAY behind, and brought us all the way back in one of UH’s all time great victories.

6 Likes

And came in the peach bowl, when ward got hurt and led us in a drive

5 Likes

This would be my list as well. I feel like had Kolb had some of the most established teams that Keenum had maybe his numbers would have been even better. Kevin never really had a defense behind him.

2 Likes

Unsung hero, kept momentum going on our side when it seemed to be shifting
re: Memphis comeback and Peach Bowl are the ones I most vividly remember the Postman delivering

2 Likes

To me Postma and Farrow were my favorite players from that team. What they lacked in talent they made up for it with heart and pure desire.

The last few years we have been lacking Postmas and Farrows.

5 Likes

Keenum proved he should have won the Heisman.

3 Likes

The Postman will always have his place in Cougar lore. That 2015 season mightve gone up in smoke without his heroics against Memphis. An all time performance, no doubt.

1 Like

Agreed Red
but the one time I thought we showed poor sportsmanship was when towards the end of the game against Illinois here when on the last play of the game we faked a knee and then hit a touchdown pass

That really hurt our national reputation and frankly was a horrible call by “Hoss”

2 Likes

Yeah, UT did that to us. What goes around comes around.

Whorn also kicked a 63 yard field goal as time ran out in a nip and tuck 66-3 win over Rice lol