Transfer Poll

Which UH player transfer stings the most?
Charles Sims
TaShawn Thomas
D’Eriq King
Caleb Mills
Tramon Mark
Alton McCaskill

1 Like

Sims still hurts me the most. I hate to lose a guy like Alton, but I think more than losing him, it is knowing this is how college football will be for the foreseeable future. We will worry about every great player being poached in the off season.

4 Likes

Same

I hate seeing anyone transfer out and while I’m ‘stung’, I can’t be angry. People do what’s best for their life and family. We would all do the same given the opportunity. I know I did when I changed careers and became a teacher/coach.

I’m trying to get used to this brave new world of college athletics because I don’t know how they will get that genie back in the bottle. I’m not totally sure they should try.

2 Likes

Probably Sims bc of the shizzy way he did it.

1 Like

Actually, none of the above

6 Likes

College sports are losing their luster.

5 Likes

Let’s see.

Sims - Hurt, and it bummed me out that he ended up being a 1K yard rusher for West Virginia. Had we had him back, we might have won a few of those close losses in what would have been his Sr. year, we might have won 10 games, and Levine might not have been fired. But then Herman came in and took us to a Top Ten finish, so I forgot.

Thomas - it sucked that he and several other players on his team transferred out, but our program has evolved into something that makes his era totally forgettable, so based on that…little impact.

D’Eriq King - he wasn’t the same QB in his last season here, and then we went on to a Top 20 finish without him and with his successor. Totally indifferent.

Caleb Mills - didn’t we make a Final Four without him? Couldn’t care less.

Tramon Mark - shocked me at first, but we appear to have replaced him nicely, so I’m not too hurt.

Alton McCaskill - hurts me more than the others, but perhaps we have a guy coming in that could make me forget about him.

4 Likes

Was his way worse than McCaskill? For me it’s McCaskill because I felt like we at least had an experienced, superstar back that can help us win in the Big 12.

1 Like

Tramon, can’t recall a real contributor transferring out of our program since Sampson has established himself here. Felt like a divide in the family culture we’ve built. He also had become my favorite player on the roster, once Dejon left.

1 Like

Coming off an ACL and a no contact spring?

Yes, because weren’t we all excited for his return?

When so many were elated that the kids were finally going to get paid for all their hard work, I had my doubts but accepted it.
And then came the portal, and everyone said it was a great thing since coaches just run to other schools for bigger paychecks.
So now we have street pimps running rampant, families chasing huge paychecks, kids living lives of luxury with education not even in the picture for many.
So, if you don’t do it my way I am going to hit the road jack…and I will go to the highest bidder.
I feel sorry for those trying to coach up college players these days.
But I do appreciate the student athletes who stay the course and actually love the University of Houston. They actually know how to throw out the Cougar sign!
All this said, it ain’t what it used to be and never will be. I have loved sports all my life, have covered many, many games as a reporter…I have coached park league and church teams, refereed hoops games at the high school level, umped baseball, so yeah sports are in my veins.
But frankly I am losing my enthusiasm for pro sports…and unfortunately college has become pro sports…
I will always be a Cougar, and always be proud of it. I will always root for the Coogs…I don’t care if it is hoops, football, baseball, tennis, ice hockey or a chess match.
My love for UH will never stop…but I guess I am too old school to overcome the mess that college football and basketball is getting itself into…

6 Likes

Tramon. My favorite player on current team. His modesty and friendliness will be sorely missed.

1 Like

At the time Mills because of when it was and where we were headed.
At the end of it all none of the above

King didn’t really sting me, but I can see how that one could hurt folks the most.

1 Like

None of the above sting me. Just sad that Tramon left cuz I like the kid. I will always root for TM.

1 Like

The bright side of Charles Sims transferring out was that it paved the way for Farrow to get more rushes and the rest is history.
I knew Farrow would be good anyways.

Tramon and McCaskill transferring out leaves some unknowns coming into this season.
The supporting cast of Sasser/Walker for Mark and Tune/Dell for McCaskill are all gone too so who knows.

2 Likes

None of the above. The correct answer is Quinten Dormady.

2 Likes

To me the correct answer is Tom Herman. OK, not a player in the sense of playing football but he fits the definition of a player in relationships.

1 Like

They guy that took the money and ran!!!