Transfer portal 2024

I wouldnt be mad, I am sure Malik could game

For real though, look at jamal two years ago

Really disappointed I missed the last 24 hours of Nategate. Hoping this further develops with dedan entering portal, coming here, then “Goodness gracious that’s Nate’s theme music” as Nate slides under the ropes into the ring and lights everybody up.

18 Likes

Please let it happen!

4 Likes

Famous words “nothing has changed”

@RWcoog you’re alluding to my comment as pathetic?

Mylik, Ramon are good players.

And im not rooting for them to leave.

But, the portal is an opportunity to upgrade your roster.

If you need more shooting/scoring on your roster you look at your 6-7 projected guards on the team and reasonable assess if they make a “jump” next season

I just don’t understand the outrage. Im critiquing his game. Not him the person.

4 Likes

This guy gets it!

@Coog1992

You and another poster are constantly trying to retool the Roster end of yr by getting rid of players. As a fan , you’re not in It everyday w them to see what brings the Culture together. Not just figurines on a table that you throw one away n replace w another. Not easy to tell a player hey " move on " , that’s the part that is tough on CKS. They are COOGS and unless they are screwing up in Classroom or being a Negative towards the Culture… I always prefer to have them stay. Same w Damion Dunn, I wish he would have stayed n made the best of it.

Just the whole lets move this guy to the portal bc this guy may go in the Portal… is turrrible imo. #OldSchool

4 Likes

@Jesse22 i understand.

It’s definitely old school.

We’ve had role players leave that i like: Cam Tyson, Robbie Armbrester, Kiyron Powell, Ced Alley

This is Myliks 3rd school. So, transferring has definitely become more normal in college basketball.

I agree that i can not make it sound like im wanting a player to leave.

I wanted Damian Dunn back. But once transfers do happen, everyones not running it back, for me i just look at where the roster can improve

Can players take big steps in their game? Somewhat. I think by year 3-4 in college, their game is pretty defined

1 Like

This 1000% before the era of college free agency the approach for kids who may have lacked things was “get in the lab and work in the off-season”

Its like Morey and the Rockets, as smart a GM that he was he never took into account locker room culture and connectivity. Sometimes less is more

1 Like

I’m speaking for guys who are/were in rotation. Mylik earned his time n a time of great need and should be allowed back, even if it’s 10-15 mins that would be ok , if he’s ok w it.
I just cringe w the whole lets get rid of this guy , so we can bring in this guy. Hate w a passion but now I got it off of me, so I’ll let ya’ll figure out our " Dream Lineup " … sigh :unamused:

Gotcha.

Nate

2 Likes

Keep bringing it Nate, when you feel info is from good source.

#GoCoogs

1 Like

Nate this is not an email, you do not have to sign off lol

4 Likes

To: DannyCougar
Re: Nate

Dear Danny,

But what if he wants to?

Best,
ghostofjdjrusk

If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please delete and disregard.

Please think about the environment before printing this message.

11 Likes

cc: joprior23

3 Likes

Bcc: pesik

4 Likes

I like you 1992, always have and think you’re a good poster….probably a better way then “ I vote him off the island”.

2 Likes

I have never gotten to the end of an email and wondered who it was from

1 Like

I think as fans we should be careful with what we wish for. Sampson runs a pretty old school style of program which shields us from a lot of the common complaints many fans have about the current state of MBB. We have way more continuity than most schools which is rewarding because it gives us a clear identity and allows fans to feel more of a connection with the program. It’s also great to see the transformation that some of our players go through. Take Jwan. He would’ve been voted off the island twice before he broke out his third year and became a real impact player. We shouldn’t take our developmental approach for granted. It has done wonders for us. Doesn’t mean coach shouldn’t look to improve the roster where he can but any talk of forcing guys out is in bad taste. Instead what you will see is that CKS will tell the guys currently on our roster exactly where they are in our depth chart and what their roles will be (as he always has). Once they have that info then they can decide for themselves if they want to continue at UH or go into the portal.

9 Likes