Transfer portal 2024

Can someone tell me what Nate and Pesik are arguing about so I can pick my favorite?

9 Likes

lmaooo

nate doesnt think we should add anyone else no matter the situation… the roster is finalized in his mind…

pesik is saying if a special opportunity comes open like dj wagner wanting to come to houston, that he’d be okay finding a way to make room,

2 Likes

That’s as much of an overstatement as saying everyone thought Sharp would start.

1 Like

absolutes are always wrong… but my point is the overwhelming majority of people say dunn as the starter and replacement for mark

Yes he was Mark’s replacement because Sharp was already on the team but could have definitely gone either way a week before the season.
It is s a mute point now but for another player to be added the situation would need to be just right and I am not sure that situation exists on this roster unless a player leaves.

Digging back through the 2023-2024 thread it seems like it was pretty split. For one, it was actually a three man race as a lot of people thought TA might have a starting spot. For what it’s worth the ESPN way too early top 25 had both Sharp and Dunn in the starting lineup.

espn had a 4 guard line up which we knew wouldnt be the case …
despite espn line … i dont see anyone else mention sharp to start

i searched the entire thread till the 1st international game, there isnt a line up that had sharp starting in a 3 guard line up… mostly dunn, a few Arceneaux

I miss the blue blood talk on this thread.

2 Likes

Go get after it.

1 Like

I remember the discussions about starting lineup and some wanting either and some assuming the transfer would start. That’s good enough for me. My take from this is you really felt the need to go back and read a 7 month old thread to be right.

Maybe I misunderstood y’all’s debate. We’re yall talking about who’d be starting at the beginning of the year or by years end?

This forum is for Red ( Coogs) Blood. :smile:

1 Like

the convo was debating “was sharp was always percieved to start over dunn”

someone noted there is no way uzan comes off the bench, he didnt come here to come off the bench

i noted, dunn didnt come here to come off the bench either, but we should get the best players to come here and let them decide it on the court…

he noted, dunn was expected to come off the bench from the start…that its not the same thing… i was noting that sharp at this point last year wasnt expected to start over dunn

'Cept when they’re not!!! :joy:

3 Likes

I thought the debate was about adding DJ And having him and Los compete… I was skimming and speed reading tbh tho lol

Its not going to happen. Give it up!!! Hes not that good.

1 Like

Lol yes that’s the bigger point … it went back to if we could get another good caliber PG to come here (like Wagner) … is uzan a lock no matter what, and thus no one will come… or could we get 2 players here on the premise of open competition

Checking in and I see Uzan looking to be replaced b4 he even arrives on campus.
#Classic :grimacing:

5 Likes

3 Likes

I can’t see Wagner or Mitchell at UH. What does that say about CKS’ integrity if he recruits Uzan and 48 hours later is trying to recruit over him? And is the recruiting pitch to Wagner “may the best player win the starting PG position”? Maybe, and I guarantee that will be UH’s last communication with Wagner.

As far as Mitchell, UH needs to save its NIL dollars. He may have more talent than some of the UH bigs, but I like the chemistry of our bigs and I do not see him as that big of a difference maker. Give the opportunity to players who have put in the sweat equity in the program.

7 Likes