Transfer portal 2024

The kid at Duke is looking better everyday.

UNLV went from 210 to 146 in the net with their win over Creighton

Creighton only dropped from 5-9 though. Overrated.

Edit: interesting note to compare. The MWC has 5 teams in the top 50 and 1 sub 200 team. The American has two top 50 and 5 sub 200 teams.

1 Like

In an only in America headline, Dayton lost a home game with UNLV last week due to mass shooting at UNLV.

1 Like

1.Emmanuel Sharp
2.Terrance Arcenaux
3.Jojo Tugler
4.Javier Francis
5.Jacob McFarland
6.Ced Lath
7.KJ Jefferson
8.Mercy Miller
9.Mccarty
10.Damian Dunn (could turn pro)
11.Mylik Wilson (could turn pro)
12.Ramon Walker Jr (…)
13.Open

Guys id be interested in:

Langston Love - only getting 22 minutes per game right now :thinking:

Ezra Ausar - liked him alot last yr. Need some PF depth if Jwan turns pro

Darius Johnson - perhaps at Point Guard. UH plays UCF ×2 this yr. Will know his game well

Jizzle James

We play Cincinnati ×2 this year.

We’ll know his game well. I like him alot, if he bails after the season. I think alot of teams would be interested (NIL $$)

This would be for starting point guard. I just don’t see Mylik Wilson getting the starting job next yr

He would be one player that I would like to see in a UH jersey. I was thinking yesterday about how we should start looking a potential guards that could go to the portal this off-season.

No way Mylik is starting next year. Not many 5th year players are making a jump and in close games like Xavier, A&M he’s been sitting on the bench.

Perhaps unlikely but I would loooove Dedan transferring here. And I’m not sure Jizzle James would transfer after this season.

It will be interesting to see because all our point guards under Sampson have been here as the backup before they become the starter(besides Galen I guess). How will a guard fit in our system next year?

I like the possibility that the portal provides but don’t like the uncertainty it provides if we don’t get our man.

We are going to be young next year. It’ll be time for Arceneaux, Sharp, Ramon, Francis to be the upper class men that lead

1 Like

@Footballer13 if you lose Shead, Cryer, Jwan.

You probably need 2 starters from the portal. Unless Damian Dunn comes back. Then hes a potential starter

Sharp, Arcenaux, Tugler & Francis = all could start next yr. Curious about Terrance. His recovery. Is he a penciled in starter next yr Game 1?

Next yrs roster has alot of question marks. I do see Mylik Wilson potentially transferring. He has game, but just makes mental errors, which gets him subbed out. Similar to Ced Alley

But overall, biggest thing is Point guard.

I’m guessing that IF we get Queen, that he’s starting.

1 Like

Probably, but not a guarantee. CKS has to be comfortable that his defense is not a detriment. It also assumes Roberts leaves. I can see Francis and Tugler starting and Queen leapfrogging Lath.

Honestly, with the talent CKS is bringing in, if Dedan Thomas Jr. is not a transfer possibility and Queen selects UH, I don’t see any meaningful PT for Lath.

1 Like

Ok what are the chances Queen ends up at UH? 1/100? I’m not seeing anything showing his decision is anything other than IU or Maryland

2 Likes

Trilly Donovan says its between Indiana and Maryland

Some actual portal news:

https://247sports.com/player/jj-taylor-46103610/

https://247sports.com/Player/mikey-williams-46085748/

weird

So both just quit the team mid-year?

1 Like

Isn’t Mikey Williams the one in so much off the court trouble?

If so, doubt CKS wants to touch.

1 Like

And Taylor, Williams’ HS teammate, has been suspended for violating team rules. Hence, his lack of playing time. They would like to transfer to the same school. We can do better.

Mikey Williams and Bryce Griggs were teammates on the Border Boyz. Griggs was at one time a UH recruit, until he wasn’t. Between the uncertainty and desire to go pro, I think UH backed off. Griggs wasn’t drafted in the NBA and I believe is playing overseas.

1 Like

I think Griggs received a $1million dollar contract from OTE and that caused him to forgo the UH offer.