Transfer Portal news 4.0

https://twitter.com/culottashow/status/1661768797676552195?s=46&t=2YVR6O6JDXKjL10XhmoZmg

Salty rosterā€¦ Like ALWAYS.

As I was told, Collins would be a Coog if the staff reached out to him. We didnā€™t pick up the phone.

Yaā€™ll have said that Coach Sampson SAID weā€™re staying at 12. So why are yaā€™ll still fantasizing about filling the 13th spot then? Iā€™m confusedā€¦

Nate

3 Likes

You and Jo are definitely doing lots ofā€¦

On yall previous comments!

Unless Francis makes a HUGE jump , we just donā€™t have a chance at a national championship with Roberts at the 5 all season, and that is disappointing for me, why not reach out get a big 5 or 4 and make the team stronger, i guess he really is worried about players leaving if he does that

1 Like

The portal entry deadline has passed.

The only player who could transfer out without a penalty is Jwan Roberts. Since heā€™d be a grad transfer

So whatā€™s the fear of Francis leaving now, knowing heā€™d have to sit a year if he transferredā€¦

1 Like

I think itā€™s more just that Chief would not do him that way.

1 Like

Lol because reading between the lines itā€™s clear heā€™d bring someone else in. What else do we have to do?

There are a lot of different factors

:eyes:

Tyrin Lawrence staying at Vanderbilt. what im hearing

Maybe Sampsonā€™s word?

1 Like

Tramon coming back?

That would be great if heā€™s 6 inches taller and doubled his weight

2 Likes

No we have enough guards we need a big man!!!

2 Likes

Coach wants a Darius Bowser-type big if we fill that last spot. I honestly think his glass might be full just kind of enjoying his last years. I heard that we are really going for the ship when Kellen takes over. They are lying to you when they said we couldnā€™t get the bigs because of NIL this past off-season. Kelvin is a good coach he just honestly didnā€™t try when it came to recruiting the bigs he wanted the two guards so we could stay competitive and thatā€™s enough to blind you that we were never in it for the natty when we lose the second round. This generation is weak as a paper plate and Iā€™m just going to give it to you how it is. We are heavily relying on Terrance Arceneaux to be a star next year he didnā€™t come close to that this year he is not very athletic at all and is very slow. Jā€™avier Francis is going to be the starting center next year and teams that didnā€™t even make the tournament in our conference took him out of the game he couldnā€™t hardly get minutes in the American and yet he is the starting center. Ramon Walker is the worst basketball player I have ever seen get minutes at the guard position at Houston and yet he is definitely coming back. Houston has been built on transfers Rob Gray, Dejon Jarreau, Justin Gorham, Dameon Dotson, Corey Davis, Breaon Brady, Devon Davis, Quentin Grimes, Taze Moore, Josh Carlton. For me to believe that coach couldnā€™t say Ramon son your not going to get any minutes this season we are going to give it to someone that can play just tells me something.

Sheesh.

I see some disagreements coming with your post.

Might as well start a ā€œTransfer Portal News 5.0ā€ now.

3 Likes

Oh that makes sense that CKS isnā€™t trying to do the very thing that all college basketball coaches aspire to do, the crowning achievement of winning a National championship. Save that simpletonā€™s pleasure for the youngsters.

He definitely looks like he is just ā€œsenior-springingā€ it.

2 Likes

Where did you hear this?

Hahaha. Snowflakes!

@Coogfan13 definitely some hot :fire: takes.

My rebuttals:

*I think our NIL portal wise, is non competitive. The transfer portal bigs i can almost guarantee command $$ NIL.

Also, hereā€™s a big point, our 5s donā€™t put up numbers generally. So, no portal center thinks Houston is a top destination:

We all bring up Josh Carlton. If Sasser and Mark dont get hurt, Carlton doesnā€™t put up those numbers during the 2021-22 season. Our guards get the shots. Our forwards rebound. Thatā€™s our system in a nutshell. After, Sasser got hurt, we pivoted to Carlton and Fabian in the post. But thatā€™s not our typical offense

Jwan is starting 4 next season, so thatā€™s preventing us from targeting a legit stretch 4. We bring in one, Jwan could transfer. Thatā€™s a concern. Jwan has been in the program for 4 yrs. Deserves big minutes next season at the 4

Regarding Ramon Walker Jr, hes lost his swagger. Hes not a confident player on the court right now and thus looks like he doesnā€™t belong out there. Seems like a great teammate. Heā€™s really gotta work this off-season, or else his role next year will be less than 10 minutes per game. Especially when conference play starts