Transfer Portal news 4.0

Yes but we know playing PG for Sampson is different than just being a guard. He is hard on his PGs.

1 Like

Labaron Philon

He should still be able to find a highly touted PG in the portal. Look at the last 2 years with the portal. Iā€™m sure they are on to Plan B when Dedan committed to UNLV

I never assume with the portal but we will see. All of the previous starting PGs were on the roster the year before so Iā€™m curious what direction they will go in.

I have shifted my expectations after not signing a big. Now my expectations are playing with the team we have and because of coaching and culture, stealing a few wins on the road, (Texas and Kansas would be nice), and being in the upper 1/3 of the B12 Conference standings by tournament time. I would love to see Francis take his game to the next level and seeing Tugler, Lath or McFarland show some promise.

Assuming heā€™s still the coach and not retire or goes to the NBA in some sort of capacity!!!

I think his son takes over no later than 2025-26 season.

The new contract will be very telling.

Iā€™m thinking he will coach this year and one more year and thatā€™s a wrap for him, thatā€™s why Iā€™m surprised he is not going all out ie a big to win a Natty makes no sense

1 Like

How come u donā€™t answer my question?

How come u donā€™t answer my question just curious?

Just a note here that Ridge Points 6-4 sophomore guard Dorian Hayes recently was offered a scholarship to McNeese.
The only reason I mention this is he is the son of former Rocket guard Chuck Hayes.

2 Likes

I went to a Lamar @ McNeese game a couple years back with my pops. Game was standing room only ā€” i was pretty shocked. They seem to have pretty good fan support.

Have we found the front court player :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:?

Chuck was the size of a guard, but notoriously played PF/C. Loved watching that guy.

2 Likes

What was it, 2009, when he, Scola, Artest and Battier took the champion Lakers to seven games in the semifinals? That was one of my all time favorite Rocket performances. Really enjoyed that team.

1 Like

Made me laugh saying CKS is not going all out to win.

2 Likes

Just piggy backing off another poster saying he didnā€™t want to win lol

1 Like

Donā€™t forget the legend, Von Wafer.

1 Like

i 100% disagree with the take that sampson is just coasting and not trying to win

but to the your word of "ā€œgoing all out to winā€. by sampsons own word he isnt. (assuming samposon wasnt just hedging to set the expectations low)

he said the roster is flawed, says we have an open ship, says he doesnt want to use itā€¦ by definition that isnt going all outā€¦

3 Likes

Laughing again by what you have defined

" we have weakness is our roster makeup, we space and capability to fix those weaknesses, I am choosing not to fill the need and im am going to try to make what we have work"