Transfer Portal Rumors and Ruminations

Thought I would start a thread for transfer portal rumors. I’ll start.

A friend of mine who is fairly plugged in at Mississippi State said one of their QBs is entering the portal and the rumor is he’s talking to us. Name is Keyton Thompson. Anyone know anything about him? Apparently he was a Dan Mullen recruit (mobile QB) but their new offense is more pass happy, so he doesn’t feel like he fits anymore.

2 Likes

https://247sports.com/Player/Keytaon-Thompson-78058/

3 Likes

Oh wow!

Highly ranked dual threat out of HS.

1 Like

This is what my buddy had to say about him:

He’s currently a junior but never redshirted. So if he transfers right now, he could take his red shirt and have 2 years to play, right?

3 Likes

Interesting. If he transfers in he’d be joining a building list of former SEC guys.

We need a QB for next year once D’Eriq King graduates. I’m not shocked UH is a very popular destination.

2 Likes

Our offense is more pass happy now too.

True, but I think the gist was the new MSU coach doesn’t necessarily want his QBs to run. Not a good sign for a dual threat.

We’re not used to having such big QBs. He would look weird out there!

Terry Elston

6 Likes

Sorry. He played here before I was born!

6 Likes

No worries. The QB of our best team ever. Went 11-1. Only win at A$M and a Cotton Bowl victory against Nebraska (When they were very good) on New Years Day.

Ended #5 in the nation.

6 Likes

Barrick Nealy was that size, but that was almost 20 years ago.

2 Likes

Inaccurate and doesn’t read defenses well? Doesn’t sound like a Dana prospect

10 Likes

Make sense

Agree, but very confident CDH will find someone with the transfer portal. We can be picky here. The QBs will be lining up.

4 Likes

Agree 100%

That’s impossible. If that was true it would make me an old man. :flushed:

4 Likes

Terrance Broadway was like 6-2, 210. So a little shorter but still bigger than many of our QBs.

And actually, O’Korn was also like 6-4, 210.

It’s not the coach saying that CV.
People.said th

Case could not throw at this level.
Same things were said about Ward and King and both played receiver.
If we think this guy can come in and compete then I am l for it.

1 Like

Pro-Ready

2 Likes