Transfer Portal

Just curious where we can find a list of the incoming freshmen?

There are some?

1 Like

Yeah he said 11 including 2 locals. Curious who they are

1 Like

You expect guys to leave who are not getting the playing time…. But when you have kids leaving that were some of your main pitchers?

I agree….bad look.

3 Likes
ank [Player](javascript:__doPostBack(‘ctl00$ctl00$ContentTopLevel$ContentPlaceHolder1$radgCommitment$ctl00$ctl02$ctl00$ctl01’,‘’)) [Pos](javascript:__doPostBack(‘ctl00$ctl00$ContentTopLevel$ContentPlaceHolder1$radgCommitment$ctl00$ctl02$ctl00$ctl02’,‘’)) [Ht](javascript:__doPostBack(‘ctl00$ctl00$ContentTopLevel$ContentPlaceHolder1$radgCommitment$ctl00$ctl02$ctl00$ctl03’,‘’)) [Wt](javascript:__doPostBack(‘ctl00$ctl00$ContentTopLevel$ContentPlaceHolder1$radgCommitment$ctl00$ctl02$ctl00$ctl04’,‘’)) [BT](javascript:__doPostBack(‘ctl00$ctl00$ContentTopLevel$ContentPlaceHolder1$radgCommitment$ctl00$ctl02$ctl00$ctl05’,‘’)) [HS](javascript:__doPostBack(‘ctl00$ctl00$ContentTopLevel$ContentPlaceHolder1$radgCommitment$ctl00$ctl02$ctl00$ctl06’,‘’)) [Hometown](javascript:__doPostBack(‘ctl00$ctl00$ContentTopLevel$ContentPlaceHolder1$radgCommitment$ctl00$ctl02$ctl00$ctl07’,‘’)) [St](javascript:__doPostBack(‘ctl00$ctl00$ContentTopLevel$ContentPlaceHolder1$radgCommitment$ctl00$ctl02$ctl00$ctl08’,‘’)) College Draft
Subscribe Ryan Dollar RHP 6-4 215 R-R Macarthur Houston TX Houston
Subscribe Samuel Hernandez C 5-10 185 R-R Lakeland Senior Lakeland FL Houston
Subscribe Matthew Canizares RHP 6-0 180 R-R Monsignor McClancy Memorial East Elmhurst NY Houston
Subscribe Braedyn Cunningham RHP 6-5 220 R-R Denton Guyer Lantana TX Houston
Subscribe Coby DeJesus SS 5-10 160 R-R Lufkin Diboll TX Houston
Subscribe Gabriel Flores OF 6-1 185 R-R Longview Longview TX Houston
Subscribe Tyler Gray RHP 6-3 210 R-R J. P. Taravella Coral Springs FL Houston
Subscribe Cooper Hill SS 6-1 195 L-R Tyler Legacy Bullard TX Houston
Subscribe Thomas Lyssy SS 6-2 170 L-R Harlingen Harlingen TX Houston
Subscribe Landen Yorek RHP 6-3 185 R-R Klein Oak Spring TX Houston
Subscribe Zack Zavala 2B 5-9 180 R-R Georgetown Georgetown TX Houston
1 Like

Fun Fact Time: The drummer for this band was the uncle of former Cougar Pitcher Nick Torina.

5 Likes

I was surprised he hung around as long as he did. I know his injury (injuries?) were a setback for him, but I thought he was being mishandled a great deal. And then relegating him to one specific role was a hindrance in developing him more, specifically at the plate.

PS He probably just had enough.

1 Like

I always thought he had a high ceiling. I had confidence when he stepped on the field.

1 Like

Samuel Tormos in the portal. About 1/3 of the roster is in the transfer portal.

1 Like

Shocker.

1 Like

And still no announcement regarding being let go or of an extension?

Hhhmmm……seems like parameters would have been outlined already for an extension and announced fairly quickly if that was the route Pez was going….just feel like something would have been announced already.

To me it seems like maybe there is some debate on his future?

Then again I could be completely wrong.

Dang…something is rotten in the state of Cougar Field…

Two words to fix this clust&#@…SEAN ALLEN

4 Likes

How many current starters do we have in the portal?

I am going to be in Austin this weekend watching the high school state finals. If Sean happens to walk by maybe he will see my Coog hat and come over and fill me in!

2 Likes

7.30 ERA from Derrick Cherry hurt them this season.
Reflects how bad the pitching situation was that he got 40 innings despite struggling. (19 appearances)

2 Likes

You need to holler at him “ Come home to the Coogs, we need you!”

I’m not even kidding, if you get with in earshot please do it for all of us big.

I know it’s kinda corny, but at this point we have grasp at every straw available!!!

Do it big! :+1:

1 Like

Oh i would do it in a NY minute!

1 Like

Or it could reflect that the current staff does a poor job of managing pitching.

3 Likes

Yes.
The pitching rotation / situational substitutions / defined roles were perplexing at times. (and that is being kind)

Looking at the stats. It’s not pretty but its not irrational to think better managing would have led to a few less collapses.

1 Like

The players hate Whitting because he’s a prick. That’s why so many have left and are leaving. There’s hard coaching, but being a demeaning asshat and putting your players down is ridiculous. Whitting has coached his last game at UH. UH is pushing mental health at the school right now so if they don’t fire this clown then they will have egg on their face.

5 Likes