Transfer Portal

Damn! Pollard dropping black pills like a gangsta!!

3 Likes

You’re right I’ve been around a long time now and don’t have the energy to keep up an extended back and forth on every point. But I’ll say a few things…

To repeat, like most, I have my own grievances about the the state of the program and Todd’s job performance. I do not favor a longterm commitment to TW right now (unless the buyout is low).

I understand the schedule was dumbed down and yes that diminishes the big turnaround. But it doesn’t cancel it out entirely. The team was clearly much improved over the embarrassing 2021 season. I think Kivett was a successful hire by TW who has made a positive impact which will be even more impactful next season. Basically, TW’s not getting fired, so I’m choosing to be hopeful and supportive. If there’s not more progress next season (make a regional), I’ll likely cross over and call for change.

Last comment…As for recruiting top local talent… Consider how many elite local guys in the last six or seven years have committed to UH, sat on their commit for a couple of years, only to leave UH (TW) hanging very late in the process. Off the top of my head:

Alerick Solaire

Tre Richardson

Cam Caley

Cam Cauley

Levi Wells

Alex Vargas

I mean, get kicked in the nuts enough, maybe start looking to see if your recruiting dollars and time are more productive elsewhere. That’s what TW has done. Besides, we don’t totally ignore local recruiting.

Very fair points….

Your last one speaks to what was talking about…… there is a reason these kids have de committed……

I know of plenty of top guys that won’t even consider UH…. Others get steered away… new blood would change things…. Guaranteed.

3 Likes

Sometimes it just don’t work out, no matter how bad we want it to. What’s the point of keeping him around…it’s been 12 years…the program has not progressed. Strive for excellence

3 Likes

Anymore UH players in the portal?

1 Like

Taylor Parrett

1 Like

I have conflicting feelings. But this year wore me down. I could see us eking out a regional slot then getting killed in the first round. What happens at that point? Does Pez feel obligated to extend?

Funk!!! What did you take today! Lol

What on earth make you believe we could “eek it a regions slot”

1. We have to see the schedule ?

2. We need to see who makes it on campus?

3. TW would be the coach?

My goodness mate….:wink:

The 2021 season’s incoming Juco class was rated #1 in the nation.
Record: 19-34
AAC Record: 7-21 (7th)

3 Likes

For several years running we’ve had one of, if not the top JUCO class coming in and it hasn’t mattered

1 Like

True. And just as relevant:

The 2002 season’s incoming JUCO class was Jesse Crain and Brett Cooley.
Record:48 - 17
C-USA Record: 22 - 7 (1st)
Mesa Regional Champions; Austin Super Regional

2 Likes

Boy Jess was awesome. No doubt the best relief pitcher we probably have had here and a dang good shortstop to boot

2 Likes

Who has UH signed for next year? I can’t find a press release on the UH site.

1 Like

Somebody posted a list of 11 players who are projected to be here. Maybe he can repost it.

1 Like

Scroll up about 50 on this thread.

That’s just the HS guys.

I’m sure there are JC and portal kids too

I agree. Pick up a small piece of 2x4 and hit me in the head with it. Just don’t aim at the temples and stay away from the medullary bulb on the backswing.

2 Likes

Is Zack Arnold back for UH ?
If yes, he could be an in with a few of these LSU guys. Only 1 has a destination so far.

How many of our team have entered this years portal?