Trash can man

At the SMU game my buddy asked me what happened to Trash Can Man. I told him he seemed to have vanished in the Covid scare days but I really don’t know. Did he retire? Can we find a new guy that’s willing to take over? I think many folks enjoyed the antics and would welcome a return. Any of you young guys around here willing to take on the job?

3 Likes

He is hanging out with the “ Get it while it’s hot” beer guy.

5 Likes

Good question. I’ve often wondered what happened to him, too.

I just assumed he graduated and moved on, but now that you bring it up, it would have been a great way for UH Athletics to continue & start a New Tradition for this new era of UH Basketball.

3 Likes

I nominate the Hub Cap guy!!

2 Likes

I wonder where he went. Back in the day he knew not to stray too far from our section. I miss the “Get it while it’s hot” guy, and I also miss $3.25 beers. :laughing:

I hope he’s not working for Eatz. That would be such a waste of his talent.

3 Likes

Yes, he was a good dude….He used to mess with me and my son….He would ask my kid “are you driving home? Because I know your pops is gonna have a few more”

He would just point to my wife and laugh, who was usually higher up in the shade with my daughter .

Good times indeed……and more often than not great baseball.

2 Likes

“New tradition” is redundant

3 Likes

We could ask one of the Greeks Orgs to take it on . Can you imagine a “Trash Can Girl” ? Unique !
Go Coogs !

1 Like

Oxymoron

3 Likes

Yes, oxymoron not redundant. My bad

5 Likes

So I did Trash Can Man the most amount of times from the 2019-2020 season. It was only done about two or three times towards the end of the 18-19 season (guy is in his final year now for ARCH).

It was mainly done by people in the Coogs of CV3 org. Kind of a rotation per se. Some days we had to scramble to find someone willing to do it since others would pu$$y out of it at the last minute, and most of the time I’d end up putting on the paint.

TCM was started out by Robert Boudwin and after the 2020 season ended, it kind of died off. 2020-2021 wasn’t allowed due to COVID, and it would be re-evaluated the year after. 2021-2022 was just like ‘nah we aren’t doing it’ for COVID reasons + Sampson and co didn’t really like it that much anymore.

Another story, the AAC and NCAA were actually about to get involved on Trash Can Man! It was during the game vs Tulsa (yep, the one with the ejections), and a few days after I received an email with some bologna story from the Tulsa end about how we were attempting to tamper/interfere with their team. We had to make a few adjustments on where we would go/roll/throw shirts, but there was one claim where their coach held down the lid of the trash can, which didn’t happen. And by forcefully holding it down, causing the person to pop out, could cause a head injury.

There were times where we almost didn’t do trash can man that day since a representative from the AAC or NCAA would show up to a game. Most of the time we just ended up doing it.

That being said, it likely isn’t going to come back.

13 Likes

Perhaps it’s just a rumor, but I heard Trash Can Man was last seen as a character on Fansville. :grinning:

6 Likes

I thought your buddy was referring to Jamal Shead.

4 Likes

Lets try something new…

5 Likes

Damn…that’s a great loss. Thanks for your efforts as well as others that did the dirty deed. That being said I still hope TCM returns in some form or another. Anyone agree?

5 Likes

Loved that song as a little kid……great hook

4 Likes

… that song is synonymous with one thing and and I don’t think they’d allow it.

Stripes.

2 Likes

Stripes mud wrestling scene. Iconic.

4 Likes

They wouldn’t play it because of the scene it was in Stripes?

The song was written as “Fat man” and was written to build the self esteem of a kid.

And The Spinners are freaking iconic……all their hits? Used to love them on Soul Train.

Nothing wrong with playing Rubberband Man.

1 Like

Was he the same guy who liked to say if you aren’t boozin, you’re losin? Lol that guy had like 10 of those rhymes he could recite off the cuff.

2 Likes