@ Tulane (UH 3-0)

3 v Tulane
No preview on UH Baseball yet. No TV mentioned on UH Baseball.
Tulane shows ESPN+.

murrayJ

A big one in the B12 this weekend.
“West Virginia that has defied all expectations and looks to win its first-ever Big 12 Title and its first conference championship since 1997.”

Its EK. Longest outing of UH career vs Wich last time.

9-0 Coogs in the 5th last I saw

1 Like

9-3 Coogs. T6

Tulane scored 3 runs on no hits…SMH

Coogs lead 9-3. T7

9-3. T8

Edit: i don’t think the Coogs have lost a Friday nite gm yet during Conf play. May ho look up.

Yep, they’ve won every gm on Friday to start a Conf weekend series this year. I’m looking for all the positives.
This messg brought to you by “The Whitting Team”. :smiley:

5 Likes

Lost to WSU on Friday, but that series started on Thursday. We’ve won every game 1 in conference.

2 Likes

On to the 9th. Still 9-3.

Oh good catch. But yes the point was they have started 1-0 in the series. That must have been Easter weekend as they try finish on Sat that weekend.

1 Like

You get full credit for being right. They won the Friday game; they just played it on Thursday because of Easter. :wink:
There will be more of that beginning next year when we start playing BYU.

Correction: The game scheduled for Thursday was postponed and we played a double-header on Friday. We won game 1 and lost game 2.

1 Like

Coogs win game 1 9-3!

4 Likes

Did not realize Tulane was #184….damn

3 Likes

Not the same since their coach went to Austin?

3 Likes

Pyrrhic victory.

However, Jesse has wedged his way onto the caboose of the Whitting Express and he’s making his way to the boiler.

3 Likes

Yeah, the guy that should have been our HC in 2011. :rage:

1 Like

If he makes the regionals he’s earned another season in my book… That would be momentum building into Big 12 play.

4 Likes

I’m not being provocative here because I want my Coogs to win no matter who the coach is. But a quick exit from the regionals may not save him. We’re a decade into this and the program has just kind of treaded water for the last half of his tenure. I’d like to think that, if the kids want him, and they’re playing at a high level at the end, then I’m ok with it.

The problem is, with the portal, you may never have the same kids from one season to the next. I think he’s borderline of saving his job.

1 Like

Next Tulane loss = worst team in program history.
Probably finish w the worst ERA in history.
AAC getting an upgrade from CUSA in 24
Bad time to stink.

UCF run ruled at Cinn last pm.
Cinn now 9-10 in AAC. Still scrapping.
Need to sweep them next weekend.
ECU finishes at USF.

Opening w an over 11 ERA guy.

I say win a Regional, not just make one. Our conference is overall weak.

Should we have kept Applewhite because we made a bowl game?

3 Likes

Making a regional is like making a NY6 bowl fame imo and is a strong reason to keep a coach for another season.

But… If there is a homerun hire then Whitting could still be replaced due to overall performance the last 5 seasons.

1 Like

I’d say making a Regional is like making a bowl game, a Super Regional is like a NY6 bowl game and the CWS being like the FBS Playoffs, but just my opinion.

8 Likes