Tune

Certainly his best year. The rest of the years were just ok when comparing best QB’s. 2019 was certainly a disaster starting 1-3. I suppose we could give him a pass on that start because it included OK and Wash St. but Holgorsen didnt get a pass on that season so lets be consistent.

Keenum definitely did and I think Ward too.

1 Like

It’s next to impossible to compare Coog QBs over the past 60 years because of how the game of football itself has changed from run oriented offenses (wishbone, veer, etc.) in the 60’s and 70’s to pass oriented ones (run and shoot, other spread offenses). Suffice to say, we’ve had some great ones along the way no matter what offensive system we’ve used and who brought us lots of wins and a lifetime of awesome memories.

4 Likes

I believe Ward won 19 straight as a starter. Of course Postma was the reason for the Memphis win though.

2 Likes

I would think top 10 is more reasonable but not set in stone yet.

1 Like

Top 5? No. Now if we win out and he comes back and we win 10+ again next year we can talk.

1 Like

I am with you but if we win at Cincy he is certainly on the ballot

1 Like

Just win the one in front of us.

2 Likes

Woody Hayes said about passing there 2 of 3 things that can happen that are bad when you pass.

1 Like

Case had 10 wins and Sumlin had one loss

4 Likes

That was DKR.Oh no hope this not going to start another whorn thread lol

3 Likes

QBs also get better with experience… and decent O’lines or personnel in general.

I enjoyed Keenum knowing we had 3 minutes left and only 3 touchdowns needed to win.

3 Likes

Y’all keep forgetting about Charlie Manichia. He was our very first quarterback.

I thought it was Alan Neveaux.

September 21, 1946, the Cougars played their first official game against Southwestern Louisiana Institute (later known as the University of Louisiana at Lafayette) using the Split-T offensive strategy.[6][7] Although Charlie Manichia, the Cougars’ starting quarterback,

This was before my time and this is what wikipedia wrote. It sounds correct if I remember the story from “Eat Um Up”

If we win a conference championship ill put him up there with Kolb…remember Kolb had junior year where he basically threw picks all the time and the next year he had a monster senior season. I think tune is capable of having that monster senior season next year.

I also think perception matters…when Kolb was qb we hadn’t won at a high level in a very long time.

2 Likes

I do know that the very first UH Quarterback set a lot of school records . . . . .

5 Likes

Terry Elston was the backup QB to Delrick Brown (or was it his brother Elrick Brown, I get them mixed up). But he came in late to lead the comebacks against aTm and in the Cotton Bowl against Nebraska.

3 Likes

Tune has played pretty well this year, but NOPE- Tune isn’t even in the same zip code as some of UH’s great quarterbacks

1 Like

Why don’t we wait until his UH career is finished before we determine how his career stacks up? He has been improving leaps and bounds as the games pile up and he gets more experienced and more comfortable with his receivers which will have several new faces next season.

5 Likes