TV Series

If you’re looking for a sports documentary like Last Chance U. Sunderland til I Die is really well done, even though it’s about British soccer. It was so good to I almost considered watching them EPL, almost.

1 Like

I enjoyed the miniseries Pistol on Hulu. It’s about the formation of the Sex Pistols. Very entertaining.

Anyone seen the preview for The Old Man with Jeff Bridges?

Looks entertaining.

I’ll watch anything with Jeff Bridges in it.

1 Like

Are you current with The Boys. So far this season has been the Empire Strikes back. Homelander is worst than ever and now has no checks on his power. A powerful analogy as always with this show.

2 Likes

I know I am in the minority but I prefer movies over series shows. I like to see an ending within a reasonable time. This is not to say I didn’t enjoy the serials with their cliff hangers when I was a boy.
I particularly enjoy the older movies that were made back before the modern “woke” culture.
Some recent viewings on Prime include:
Night of the Generals
Memorial Day
Batteries Not Included

1 Like

I’ve seen several movies the past couple of months—The Watcher, The King, Doctor Strange, Northman, and a couple of others. I didn’t see anything in any of those films that involved “modern ‘woke’ culture,” whatever that is supposed to be.

1 Like

I liked Queen of the South. Uneven writing but pretty badass

1 Like

I love movies as well.

Bit of a movie buff I guess…. Last nite I made my wife watch Chinatown…. She actually enjoyed it.

I have gone back and watched a few of the classics lately…. In the last few weeks I watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, The French Connection, Serpico, Easy Rider and Apocalypse Now….

I guess Easy Rider would have been “woke” for its time.

5 Likes

I mean how “woke” was Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?

5 Likes

12 Angry Men.
To Kill a Mockingbird
This woke stuff goes way back

5 Likes

Just when you think The Boys cant shock you anymore…lol…they find a way.

Season 3 For All Mankind just dropped. It is one of the best TV series i have wstched, great characters and the action sequences in space are some of the most tense you will watch.

2 Likes

The movies you mentioned are all great. I don’t consider them “woke” and that’s all I’m going to say lest I face another suspension

1 Like

Ah but for their time they were incredibly “woke” far beyond anything considered “woke” in today’s movies.

3 Likes

Wokeness means being alert of prejudice and discrimination. I can’t think movies that have done it any better than those

1 Like

What is your opinion on The Northman?

Most reviews I read were good but two different people that I know who viewed it said I shouldn’t waist my money?

What say you Sam Houston?

I was really looking forward to seeing it. I love anything dealing with Vikings and their mythology, and there was some of that in the film. But overall I was a little disappointed. The story just wasn’t that great.

2 Likes

Thank you for thoughts…. Sounds like I’ll wait until I can see it at the house….thanks again.

1 Like

So close! I think with my generation, this might be the show of the century. Musical scores, acting, set pieces, gives me chills.