TV Series

Alfred the Great? That name does not inspire. Don’t know the background but you got me interested and i can check out things on Netflix. Realistic GOT is a good sell

Yeah, Alfred, so the story is set around the late 9th century when Britain was several regions/kingdoms that had not yet been united. It’s an interesting historical period, one I wasn’t all that familiar with. I’ll have to check out Barry when I get a chance.

Barry is a hired hit man who decides to change his career after he follows his mark into an acting class. Its really just that premise that has sparked everything the show is. Those two worlds have collided

Outer Range

Ozark

1 Like

I loved Ozark. I thought Outer Range was ok.

I have heard mixed opinions on how the recent seasons of Ozark are. Pretty sure stopped after the third season. Should i check out the last two?

I thought they were great.

2 Likes

I stopped watching Outer Range a few episodes in. I may come back to it eventually but idk.

Ozark ended in a way that it’s return is possible.

Outer Range,clearly, has another season coming as it did not wrap up things.

Both are great…… I think season 2 of Outer Range will get better…,a bit slow to get going.

I get what you are saying……gets better.

1 Like

I would.

Since it is last season it was not afraid in its writing…. If that makes sense.

One of my faves is “Only Murders in the Building “……Season 2 June 28th.

If you did not watch season 1 it is worth it.

Yes, very good!

1 Like

One problem with The Offer is they seem to have a need to incorporate scenes, settings or lines from The Godfather as part of the story on how it got made in a somewhat subliminal way.

It is in the name of the show.

Now, take the cannolis.

2 Likes

Barry and The Last Kingdom are awesome.

After listening to The British History Podcast (which is still ongoing), it made The Last Kingdom much more interesting (and there are some historical inaccuracies, but overall very well done).

When you guys post a new show, please try to include the service on which it’s found.

1 Like

The new season of The Boys is really good…just when you think it cant be shocking…well, it will shock you.

If you like The Boys give Invincible a look, it is animated but give it a chance…the ending of the first episode is The Boys like.

Outer Range was pretty good…the vibe was slow burn…but every studio is trying to have their own Yellowstone. Yellowstone is addictive TV.

Oh and if you are looking for another good show…For All Mankind season three comes out shortly. It is one of the best shows you will watch…it is on Apple TV.

2 Likes

Outer Range … I stopped watching after two episodes … ZZZZ-city …

No plot but one large hole in the ground with mist covering it … that’s probably where all the screenplay plots disappeared …

The Boys is somewhat decent except for the Homelander who is one of the most obnoxious characters EVER!!! … croak him and I might start watching it again…

1 Like

I need to watch “we are Marshall” set in the early 70s.