UCF should be moving up

The system is not broken, it is designed to do exactly what it is doing. Keeping the G5 out and the money in. So getting excited about it won’t change a thing. The only way a G5 will ever make the Alabama invitational is for it to expand. Otherwise, it is what it is, a money grab.

2 Likes

1 Like

Utah did not threaten to sue. Orrin Hatch, a very senior and powerful senator from Utah threatened to open a senate investigation on the collusion between the P5 and ESPN.

1 Like

I am curious how quickly most UH fans would turn their back on the G5 and any kind of playoff expansion that gives an automatic bid to a G5 once UH joined a P5.

I started a thread awhile back asking kind of the same thing. Titled something like “As a P5, would we become part of the problem?”. It was back before the TTU game. Anyway, those that responded thought we would remember our experience and try not to be disparaging if the remaining G5. I also would hope that to be the case.

I responded…and stand true to my statements…we would remember where we came from. We had to do this stuff for 22 years already…

The reason I doubt we remember, is how the community looks down on other schools even in our own conference and the conference we left behind. Mocking their attendance, their facilities and wanting to share the humor they find in those schools struggles. My gut says, our core fan base will say we worked harder and spent more to get where we are at and then complain it’s harder for us to win in a P5 conference than a G5 to win their conference so why should that G5 get an easier path.

https://twitter.com/C_Austin_Cox/status/1043925942568210432
https://twitter.com/C_Austin_Cox/status/1044022819103870976

5 Likes

I’m not too worried about Texas. They haven’t finished a season ranked since 2012. I doubt they break that trend this year.

3 Likes

I completely agree with the garbage part. Easy to fix is another thing. Why don’t you tell us your easy fix, please?

I believe the next step will be just that, a step and not a leap. Something that gives G5’s a greater chance without treating all conference champs as equals.

1. Remove committee vote and go back to some combination of widely recognized polls and computer rankings.
  2. Guarantee spots for top 5 ranked/rated conference champions.
  3. Guarantee spots for up to two more conference champions if ranked/rated higher than top 12.
  4. At-large spots to be filled by highest ranked/rated non-champs/independents.

First round, Christmas Eve hosted by top 4 seeds. Second round New Years day at predetermined neutral sites (major bowl sites).

1 Like

It should just be the 10 conference Champs. Seed them and top 6 get a bye and 7 plays 10 and 8 plays 9 in the first round.

There’s more to it than that. As Shaggy points out the bowls, especially the big money ones, have to have their piece of the action. With more games than big bowls, how do you pick the new additions to the big money bowls?

Also, how do you pick the top 6? CFP? AP? Computer? Combo of AP and Computer? If the conversation ever gets serious, it will be like Black Friday at Walmart.

Is there a single playoff format in pro, college or high school football that has only conference/division champs? Complete conference realignment would happen before your format.

You pick them the same way they are picked now…

…pure ass marketing bias; i.e, who will bring in the biggest TV ratings so that the networks can soak the advertizers and make a bigger profit !!!

Has nothing to do with right or wrong.

Get off my lawn !!

I don’t know. Against USC and TCU, texas’s defense looked legit. With OU being pushed to the limit by Army, who knows what is going to happen in the Big 12.

We would be ranked had we won against TTU, but we still get no votes?

4 Likes

Orlando !!!