UCF vs Houston- Potential Space Themed rivalry/Trophy game

skip 13 min Mark - Interview with UCF AD

This is kinda old (a month ago) but i dont think it was mentioned here…

the Big 12 had previously spoken about a protected rivalry for every big 12 a while back (on rivalry weekend(… with Houston and UCF the odd man out to be paired, looks like something to that nature is happening

5 Likes

dont mind UCF, they are living up to their potential

4 Likes

We have played them regularly I believe 11 games? Add those to a space trophy and begin updating it annually…

1 Like
  1. We never beat them.
  2. I hope it doesn’t get cheesy.
1 Like

I’m okay with UCF but to be honest, I’d rather it be Baylor, TT or TCU. I realize they are the legacy schools with existing rivalries. The space theme doesn’t do it for me but if that’s what they choose, I’ll roll with it.

It could be worse…it could have been SMU.

5 Likes

I believe we are 3-8 against them…

1 Like

Right. It seems like they always beat us.

3 Likes

first game on the Moon?

4 Likes

no-please

2 Likes

3-7

1 Like

they have to do something for UCF, they are way out there on an island by themselves

TCU - Baylor are already a set rivalry. That would leave Tech (which would be good), but they think they are UT’s rival.

About time. Only been talking about this for at least five years now.

1 Like

I’ll bet TT gets rivaled with Okie Lite.

this is the reported pairing

Kansas-Kansas State
Oklahoma-Oklahoma State
Texas-Texas Tech
Baylor-TCU
West Virginia-Cincinnati
Iowa State-BYU
Houston-UCF

and okstat and tech paring once ut and ou leave ( they were never going to pair a tenured member like ok state with ucf)

1 Like

We have not beaten UCF since 2016 and 3-7 overall.

1 Like

Let’s not forget they have only been fbs since 1996 and they claim 1 natty to our 0.

1 Like

It looks like two of those wins came from Mr. Thomas Herman. Come on Dana, you’re up.

4 Likes

I have full intentions of calling them the golden knights

It would be a pretend rivalry because there’s never been any scandal between us that I know of. Great rivalries always have a touch of intrigue. But if this is the cost of playing in a decidedly better conference then I’m good with it. The games will decide who the rival is. Hell, it could end up being with Iowa State. A late hit on a QB, a bad call by a ref, 13 men on the field on the winning field goal. Weird things spark a rivalry.

2 Likes