UCF vs Houston- Potential Space Themed rivalry/Trophy game

Our rival will be West Virginia. It’ll be along the Mumphish hate level. You’ll see.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t see UCF as a rivalry. Never have. They’re just another team. If we finally start beating them, I still think that it will be Tech because they will hate losing to us.

2 Likes

Tech is the most likely

Claiming a natty is not the same as actually winning one or being voted as one.

BTW, wasn’t it UCF that tried some trophy type rival game with another AAC team that never took?

1 Like

I wasn’t being serious about that natty claim. It’s weird and yah they had a civil conflict trophy with UConn.

1 Like

UConn created it, lost the first game and UCF actually left the trophy on the field afterward! LOL!

9 Likes

Did not know that part. That’s hilarious!

1 Like

Memphis became a rival when they (fans, players, coaches, etc) couldn’t refrain from saying stupid stuff about us and their jealousy and eventually hatred followed.

I just can’t see us or UCF doing that. West Virginia on the other hand…

Oklahoma St too though, because of easier transition to a career path for our alumni than theirs.

2 Likes

See that’s why it think that it will be Tech. They got lucky last year, when we should have won that game. We start winning those games against them, I think their fans and players will have that same “Memphis vibe” but probably worse because we have history with them and they are in state.

3 Likes

Sorry, UCF but you arent a rival…Tech, TCU, Baylor, Okie State, whorn…THEY are our rivals because they are easy to hate…and feel same about us…I respect UCF but it isnt really any rivalry. Just going to be a good series between 2 good teams, year in year out.

2 Likes

What uhcoog and Aldine said but I wanted to see my name up

2 Likes

No one wants to admit it but Memphis has been our most consistent rival in football and in basketball in recent years. I still remember Memphis players doing the paws down hand sign and getting chippy with Dot before they played us at home last season. Memphis sucks but the hatred between our fan bases is real.

Hard to think of UCF as a rival considering their “babe quality”.

1 Like

I think a more natural rivalry would’ve been Us and Tech . UCF okie would’ve been fine. We atleast get chippy with them and them with us.

We - TT
UCF - WVU

For me, once UT leaves there won’t be anyone in the B12 that I actually hate. If it takes hate to make a rivalry then I will have a problem. However, there are a couple I would like to beat more than others with TT, BU, and Cincy heading that list.

1 Like

Agreed.

They hate us for being better.

We hate how irritating they are.

1 Like

Heard Yormark somewhere down the line has that in his plans. UH vs UCF would be out of this world. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They might be our “rival” until the ACC collapses and someone like Miami or Ga-Tech moves in to be their rival.

1 Like

Come on Mike, spare a little hate for Baylor