UCF vs Houston- Potential Space Themed rivalry/Trophy game

I have nothing but respect for UCF, they have earned everything they have and have built it the right way. They went from being a long time indy to CUSA to AAC and now Big12.

We have 10 games with them, add them to the new trophy and call it the NASA Trophy with NASA presenting it to the winner each year.

2 Likes

The Space Race!

1 Like

Cape Canaveral was changed to Cape Kennedy in 1963 by President Johnson, and changed back to original name in 1973.

1 Like

Johnson Space Center vs Kennedy Space Center

1 Like

They have the “War on I-4” with USF
With UH, it could be the “Rocket Ruckus”

2 Likes

Star Wars

4 Likes

Try Hard trophy. :roll_eyes:

We should incorporate a commander in chief style trophy for Texas bragging rights. The Lone Star Showdown is taken, but how about Battle for Texas? It’s simple and self explanatory. The winner gets the lone star. A crystal trophy handed out to the Big XII school that has the best record of the Texas schools. The winner keeps the trophy on campus for recruits to see it. Each school in the Bug XII can build a showcase in a designated area to display the trophy under strict security.

1 Like

I remember Terrance Ganaway played for UH but when Art Briles left for the money at Baylor he was an instant star. He was good! RG3 was never coming to UH, but it felt like they took our football program and absorbed it.

Now Bug XII has a ring to it…

All schools could change their mascots to bugs…

Baylor Dungbeetles, etc…

Could we be the Goliath Beetles?

Sure… And the Iowa State Doodlebugs… :rofl:

Wasn’t Griffin committed here?

Arch rivals with the golden boys just doesn’t excite me.

1 Like

He was, as I recall.

I remember him switching his commitment to Baylor when Briles was hired there, and I remember everyone here being pissed about it.

3 Likes

With UT gone, I think BYU would have to get the praying mantis.

1 Like

You know the potential rival for UH no one is talking about? If Miami joins the B12, UH should declare Miami its rival. We have a long football history with Miami, most of it bad. In fact, UH is on a 7 game losing streak with Miami. For me, the 1991 loss on national TV is reason enough declare them UH’s rival. Both are metropolitan cities competing with pro football teams. No way Florida, and possibly Florida St., would allow them in the SEC.

The only basketball history I can think of losing to Miami in the regional in 2023 and having Tito Horford play for Miami when he was heir apparent to Olajuwon, in that whole fiasco.

If he came here, maybe the legend of Case Keenum never happens. It all worked out.

6 Likes

It did indeed work out with Keenum. I remember RG3 leaving HS a semester early to go to Baylor. In what would have been his HS senior year he was B12 champ and set the NCAA Midwest Regional 400-meter hurdles record.