UH 4-0 Against UT and A&M

Ain’t it great! No doubt about it. UH is King of Basketball in Texas. As it should be.

31 Likes

Yep,
We gave them a really nice goodbye gift ! We define College BB in Texas !
GO Coogs !

11 Likes

How far back into our SWC days would we have to go to find the last time that we beat both of those teams TWICE in the same season?

1 Like

Probably the 1982-83 team. UH went undefeated that year in the SWC.

5 Likes

State champs!

Just like the game at Toyota Center - Aggie fans thought it was their birth right to beat UH. I sat in front of a particularly obnoxious fan that day, and then last night there was plenty cocky, smug expressions when our guys kept fouling out.

But respect to that squad and Buzz Williams. Clearly the Coogs brought out the best of them, and they pushed UH to the limit two times. Meanwhile, Texas’ tournament hopes were doomed from the start. I hope Rodney Terry is getting his resume ready.

3 Likes

Title says 4-0 against UT and A&M, but I’d say 8-0 versus UT, A&M, Baylor, and Tech!

Kudos to TCU for the split, which put us at 9-1 in-state.

10 Likes

8-1. We only play Baylor once. Beat UT, Tech and Ags twice. 1-1 against tcu.

My bad. Was thinking we played Tech twice during the regular season.

8-1… take that all day long!!!

2 Likes

Cougars vs. Texas this season:

Texas: 2-0
Texas A&M: 2-0
Texas Tech: 2-0
Baylor: 1-0
Rice: 1-0
Texas State: 1-0
Texas A&M-CC: 1-0
TCU: 1-1

3 Likes

Oklahoma State Champs too!

4 Likes

UH 2024, 15-3, Big XII champs.
UH 2024, 9-1, SWC champs.

7 Likes

A&M Corpus—W
Rice—W
Texas St—W
UT—W
UT—W
Baylor—W
Texas Tech—W
A&M—W
A&M—W
TCU—L
TCU—W
Texas Tech—W

11-1 in Texas

Texas State Champions—Houston Cougars

7 Likes

It’s a beautiful thing to see after all those years of being ducked by the big name programs. Ofc UT and TAMU will probably start ducking us again but at least Tech, TCU, and Baylor are forced to play us. Lol

5 Likes

Given the results, no wonder the evil empire and GI Joe have been unwilling to schedule UH. Nothing to gain and everything to lose. And they do lose…

8 Likes

Aggies may want to start something up after this year. They did agree to the Toyota Ctr game. They may want some revenge. We have as much to lose as them - everyone thinks we’re better! Could be a rivalry in the making

Since when is A&M and UH not a rivalry?

At one point in time they were our most played opponent but it’s pretty hard to have a rivalry with a school you never compete against. If they’ll try and play us more regularly it could become one again.

1 Like

Whenever they’re too scared to schedule us

They’re still our second most played opponent

GI JOE :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: