UH Attendance is Up 18% Over Last Year

Another reason to hate Dana. The guy used covid to drive down our attendance during a championship run. Then he cured it and drove our attendance up during a middlin’ season. Those aren’t the actions of a leader of young men.

7 Likes

Nice canopy on that stadium.

1 Like

Here is some more detail with no pay wall.

As comfortable and fancy as it is, it’ll also be PUNY by B1G and P5 standards.

It’ll only seat 35K.

It’ll basically be Robertson with shade and amenities.

It would make a killer G5 stadium.

1 Like

If you want to see the Coogs play at TDECU then you need to come to this game. Our next home game is Oct 29.

3 Likes

Unbelievable that a 35,000 seat stadium will cost $800,000.000

5 Likes

That would be really cheap. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder how Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State will feel when they have to squeeze all of their road fans into that sardine can.

That’s probably part of the point. Sell out with your own fans so they can’t take over the stadium when they visit.

2 Likes

35k i think would’ve been good for us.
I think we would’ve averaged that easy and it wouldn’t look so empty all the time
Definitely missed on shade or more specifically a whole roof

Right now is the time to add a roof. Every couple of years the price of material and labor increases. Things are only getting more expensive to build. Well soon start having to make billion dollar buildings.
And with that billion dollar contributions and funding. Growing will be a lot harder unless we have someone or a group of people other than TF to help

1 Like

Again.
We have a 40k seats stadium.
Expandable to 60k.
Cost was $110M’s.
Considered at the time to be very cheap.
In today’s cost it might be around $130 to $150M’s
SDSU opened their stadium earlier this year. Cost? $330M’s
We can all complain about a shade or no shade but it comes back to what we could do then and what we can do now.
Furthermore you want to add a shade/roof and spend $M’s now?
Questions:
Are you coming up with money?
What happens to this shade/roof when we decide to expand our stadium?
In today’s construction cost our stadium is ultra cheap. Can we improve it? Off course we can.
I believe Manhattan Construction and DLR built/involved into our stadium. Chris could be asked if it is even possible to install a temporary shade. Ask the media to ask the question.
Temporary shade resisting hurricane winds?
Heck we have a great architecture school. What about a course study?
Any, anyone?

I’m still wondering how many seats we’ll add by closing off that one end zone corner for the operations building.

From the drawings, it looks like we’ll add some seats.

Probably be up to 42K or so.

I guess when someone asks “are you coming up with the money” it means they don’t support the idea of a roof or the collective funding for it. Understandable, some of us have a shaded seat somewhere in the stadium or don’t support the idea of a roof.

They won’t expand the stadium. Who’s going to pay for expansion?
We can barely get 30k to go
It doesn’t make sense to expand
No one likes nosebleeds
Schools are making their stadiums smaller not bigger

You hold at whatever capacity will be after they add the fob. add a roof. Raise prices when you have 3 years of consistent sell outs.

2 Likes

35K is too small for a P5 though.

It’s a matter of keeping up with the Joneses in facility recruiting power.

NW’s new stadium will be more than 15K smaller than any other B1G venue, and less than half the size of many of them.

Pretty bad comparative look.

You don’t need a big stadium to keep up with the Joneses.
You need wins, draftees, a fob and a full stadium.

A 40k full closed stadium would sound just as loud as a bigger one or louder since it has more things for sound to bounce off of.

1 Like

Wake and Duke both are under 35k and believe it or not Washington state is at 35,117. Not an anomaly and you realize we are at 40k…? And about to be p5. Not exactly that much north of 35k ourselves.

40K is the absolute lower limit for a P5 in my view.

Anything below 40K starts to look more like G5.

Duke, Wake Forest, Wazzu, and soon NW will be the exceptions that prove the rule.

40K or above is the P5 norm.

Well we draw like a g5 blue blood. Have you read the board? Poster on here have actually said they will no longer attend games as long as Dana is coaching here…

1 Like

Who is to say it is too small?
Northwestern did not draw their stadium on a napkin. They did their due dilligence on what their market bears. You did not.
Blame for a smaller stadium? Go ahead and blame espn and FOX for turning college fooball away from their fans. We are on course for two mega conferences. Everybody else will be kicked to the curb with pennies to share.

I wonder if there was a music event with local musicians before or after the game to attract people to the stadium. The tickets for the event would include football attendance. Maybe more people would enjoy a big event, including football to have a fun afternoon/evening.

I do agree that afternoon football in September can be brutal and does affect attendance.

Comparable to scaling the tallest mountain in Kansas.