UH Baseball 2023 Season

CTW is keeping it close knit this year it seems…It’s end of the year and still hasn’t posted roster

1 Like

Got a friend that coaches at the lower levels. He says UH will suprise. Says they have arms.

1 Like

Did they use any of them when Texas scored 20 on them in scrimmage?

3 Likes

Come on Pollard. Turn the steering wheel in a POSITIVE direction. :smiley:

Calling it Now! UH will make the field of 64.
What do I have to lose :smiley::smile:. 50/50.

1 Like

It’s just facts……nothing that is not true.

The conversations on the baseball board should be about whether or not the team is good enough to host this year, or will it be a down year……and when I say a down year……I still mean the tournament is a given but probably as a #2 or 3 seed.

2 Likes

I know just trying to keep it light. We all know UH Baseball is not where it needs to be as BIG12 competition draws near.
On your last part I thought you didn’t give them much of a chance for 64 Field. I don’t see any way they will be a Host :open_mouth:.
That would require being Top 16 in Ranking… not happening. But if they have some Pitching that is hiding on Cullen then maybe they can sneak in as even #3 Seed n probably make a lovely trip to Austin. People here would like that.
#GoCoogs

Any idea when the roster will be posted?

You misread what I was saying or perhaps I was not clear.

I’m talking about where UH baseball once was and where it should be….

I’m saying they type of conversations we SHOULD be having are whether we are good enough to host….or if not we should still be a #2 or 3 seed….
These are the things we used to talk about….it was always a given the team would be in the tournament….

The conversations we have now show how far we have fallen as a program….the program has dropped like a stone in terms of talent and reputation in the last handful of years….2018 was the last regional.

Did not make it 2019.
2020–Covid
2021-won 19 games
2022- won 37 games but the schedule was so watered down they were not even close to the BUBBLE…
2023-I think we all thought moving into the BIG 12 in 24’ meant we would go back to a typical schedule to at least see where we were as a program……instead the schedule is no better than last year and perhaps worse….that means a minimum of 40 victories to even have a glimmer of hope.

People that do not understand college baseball really don’t have a clue….not saying they even need to….but CTW and Pez are pulling the wool over the average fans eyes two years in a row.

Sorry for the rant….just trying to point out how good this program once was….and we always said “man can you imagine how good the baseball team could be if we ever got in a power conference and we were on even ground in recruiting”

And being real honest, you can recruit and have great teams, CWS level teams without being in a P-5.

Anyway, I’ll let others pump the sunshine….been around baseball too long to buy into this program without a little “show me” something first.

5 Likes

Ok, understand prev post now. Thought u were saying that 2023 was min a #2 or 3 seed and maybe even Host. I was like Huh!! Somebody stole his profile!! Thks for clearing that up. :smiley:

Edit: and yes they had good run where worse case they were #2 or few occasions #3. I was there last time they Hosted. Lost to ULL first gm, then got booted out by Rice. :neutral_face::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Was that the year we lost to ULL in a very close game at home when Seth Romero was pitching?

1 Like

Home being UH was hosting the Regionals. All games were on UH campus for that weekend.
And if I have my game correct Romero was actually pitching a no-hitter deep in the game. He had issued a walk ( thk UH was up 1 or 2-0 ) then ULL bunted n either 3B or Romero made an error n it snowballed from there. Next batter got a hit… again all from memory. Lost like 3-2 or something close to that. Then Rice beat them in losers Bracket n they were done.

My memory is that the whole thing was much more “unlucky” and heartbreaking. Romero had a no hitter with two out in the eighth and with two strikes the ULL batter swung and the ball dribbled out in front of the plate. UH catcher pounced, threw to 1st and UH headed into the dugout, only to have the home plate ump call the ball a foul tip. It is my understanding review showed the ump blew the call. From there it all went downhill, the Coogs lost by one run, then lost in something like 20 innings to Rice.

3 Likes

yep, I do remember the foul tip controversy now. Amazing I remembered that much. Definitely back luck for the Coogs.

Heartbreaking for sure

So what the hell is the point of not having a roster posted? Did we bring in that many guys this fall to compete for roster spots that they decided to just wait for spring to post the survivors?

2 Likes

Ohh welcome. You done over on Politics board for now. Wheww.

1 Like

Hate politics. Love baseball.

1 Like

Ok good to know. I just saw kind of odd that you signed up 2 hrs ago ( maybe just additional acct) n first 2 hrs was bickering on Politics board. Hmmm :thinking:

Again Welcome !

7 Texas teams in their Top 50 and no UH.

1 Like