UH Baseball Schd & Season-- 2024

Coogs back at MMP Classic for 2024 .

UT, LSU, Louisiana, TxSt, Vanderbilt are the other Schools announced.

5 Likes

UH v Texas State, Vandy, & Ragin Cajuns.

3 Likes

Binghamton, St John’s, SHSU, Rice are the other known Non-Conf opponents so far.

Time to move frwd. In Whitting we Trust. Only positive comments pls. :grin::grinning:

1 Like

Playing Texas State and not LSU is lame.

5 Likes

And here we go! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

What makes you thk the Coogs had any say so in the matter.

2 Likes

I never said we did. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one that would rather play the defending national champions instead of a school right down the road that we schedule frequently for midweek games and the occasional weekend series. And seeing that Texas State and ULALA both get to play LSU and we don’t sucks even more.

4 Likes

Understood. My point still being that I doubt the Coogs & Whitting had very little say in who they play ( 3 gms) over the course of the weekend. You mention
" lame " like they wanted to avoid LSU. The people overseeing the Classic are going to do their best to get the most attractive gms schd , which in turn will draw the best attendance & highest # of TV viewers possible.

Last one for me.

1 Like

I’m sure we have zero say in the schedule so I’m not blaming Whitting. Surprised that UT-LSU isn’t the Saturday night headliner.

1 Like

It ain’t gonna be pretty.

Back in the day I would have been upset there was no LSU or UT….not anymore.

5 Likes

Does Texas State draw large crowds for the classic? I would think that UH could draw well for a game against LSU. We drew pretty well when we played Texas in 2010. However, I know the director of the classic and he is a Texas State alum, so that might have something to do with it. I’m not sure why ULALA over UH is a better draw though, although, those crazy cajuns do love their baseball.

Having teams from only three conferences makes it tough since they won’t want to matchup conferences foes. I’m curious as to what kind of crowd Vanderbilt brings and I assume the whistler will be in attendance. May have to construct a Jell-O shot booth nearby for the LSU fans.

Whitting absolutely had a say in who we would play at Minute Maid.

1 Like

You know that for fact? Has he had a say in the past? I hope we don’t go with a softer non-conference compared to the last few seasons just because of the step up in conference competition.

“In Whitting we trust”???

Not just no but HELL NO!!!

Why would we trust Whitting??

3 Likes

Recognizing Sarcasm is slow for you I guess Sideways.

3 Likes

From you Jesse and your comments that are all over the place???

2 Likes

Ok ty. Being that i have made very very few comments recently, mainly have just been providing n sharing info on Coogs Sports that I think members would have interest in knowing. Maybe you can provide examples of what you’re referring to. Otherwise just " Hot " air

Edit: i posted info on the Coogs Baseball program returning to play in MMP Classic. Not sure where all over the place comes in. If others had taken that seriously i would have already heard from them… esp a few on here that follow the Baseball program very closely as I try my best to do also.

Good day Sir!