UH Coogs -- 2024/2025 Season -- Non Conf Schd -- Mexico City site of game vs KU canceled

Figured now that 23/24 is over, go ahead n start new Thread for next year. We can fill in Opponents as we start to hear abt them.

One big change I heard this morning was BIG12 Mexico will not happen in Dec 2024.

Edit: let me go find something on it where the delay was announced. Unpack your bags pls.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1775161519879098822?t=5ucTGKPSuK6Ut25MH8FUZw&s=19

Here you go.

2 Likes

That would be interesting to me because they were advertising it pretty hard during the B12 tourney.

Edit: sure enough, by Duarte. I like it though, gimme one more home game to go to next season.

6 Likes

Well, dang it! I was already working on some big plans for that one!

6 Likes

Yep. Too much to arrange w the 4 new Schools coming on board apparently.

:smiley::man_shrugging:. Now you can buy your Loved ones nicer gifts for Christmas w all the $$ you saving.

3 Likes

A trip to Mexico was going to be their gift!

3 Likes

this would mean we would keep the KU game in Houston, correct?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1775166957718757707?t=i_gL3EQ6D_31ETZgOHUg3g&s=19

No assurance it will be UH vs KU in 2025

1 Like

There was never a game schd in Houston. Only in Lawrence Ks during BIG12 Conf play

1 Like

Cold blooded :grin:. I have No desire to go to Mexico, but that’s another story. Plus it was going t9 be on my Wife’s Birthday. So that was a No for me.

Same, was looking forward to that trip.

1 Like

I’m excited to see who we get in the Jumpman invitational.

3 Likes

Late April Fool’s joke?

Don’t fall for it

Having flown into that airport dozens of times I was not inclined to ride that bronco again. Kind of a relief.

1 Like

Not that heart broken by this. Kind of always found the game to be a tad goofy. Does kind of screw us out of a marquee non-conference game though. Would not expect Sampson to replace it with a meaningful opponent.

8 Likes

Are we slated for an MTE next year yet?

Same carnal! Los narco trafficantes have destroyed our beautiful country!

2 Likes

The game was going to be on my birthday. My son and I were planning on going as both of our wives said “no thanks”. Oh well, another time.

I was thinking the samething when I saw the post on the conference social media.