UH @ ECU Series

I like ECU’s program. They deserve credit for turning on the jets toward the end of the season, but the AAC is garbage.

D1 baseball has ECU as a 2 in Blacksburg with VA Tech and West Virginia. If that comes to pass, it will be a huge test. I look forward to seeing how they do. I’ll be rooting for them.

Meanwhile we’ve coached our kids to a 6 game losing streak to close the year… It’ll be interesting to see what happens after the guys go 1-2 in Clearwater.

As the old saying goes, “You can’t polish a turd.” I’m really looking forward to what Pez has to say for himself…and the baseball program.

6 Likes

That’s exactly what i have them going in the Tourney – 1-2.
Turn out the Lights the party’s over-- Dandy Don

2 Likes

And here we are with a six game losing streak into the tourney. That ought to scare the socks off everyone in the AAC

3 Likes

:joy::rofl::laughing:

Edit: 1-2 baby nough said!!

I’d fully expect VT to win out of that group of 4, but ECU could possibly sneak it out.

1 Like

Coogs get hot, win the tourney, go to Regionals and Pez gives CTW new 5-yr deal

1 Like

Stamp it!

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

And Bulto drops the irony hammer.

giphy

Why you should schedule tough opponents: Despite being swept at ECU, the Coogs moved up 4 spots in Warren Nolan’s RPI’s.

1 Like

What is this? I’m serious.

As obvious as the lack of overall recruiting talent has been for several years, it’s also ironic. When TCU was in their prime some years back, Schlossnagel commented that CTW was the one that brought in all that talent. What happened? I’m sure there are different duties of HC vs AC, but if your program is free falling you’d think you’d want to get back in the recruiting game heavily to right the ship.

3 Likes

I really don’t get it. Houston is seriously one of the easiest places to scout and recruit baseball players. Even if you don’t get all of the top prospects, you can fill a strong roster without traveling very far.

It’s almost as if they sit there and wait for “connections” to bring them to the right kids, and they don’t know what to do when that isn’t working. Put in the work, and it turns around.

4 Likes

It’s the home run hammer! *was