UH Football Recruiting

It’s also about selling the recruiting magazines.

2 Likes

Absolutely, TOP25! And WHO buys those mags? Longhorns and Aggies…Gotta keep the customers happy.

1 Like

I used to buy Dave Campbell’s Texas Football every year but I can’t justify the price. I buy only if the cover has a UH player. Now I just read the good stuff in the magazine aisle at the grocery store and put it back on the shelf.

3 Likes

Considering there are like 130 D1 schools and about 70 P5 schools. Being top 11 in transfer rankings is elite. I just wanted to be top 25. Top 11 is REALLY REALLY good! And we probably aren’t done. A lot of teams don’t have many spots to fill but I believe we still have like 6-7 transfers we can get, maybe more if people leave in the summer. Great job by the staff. I did not like the strategy of betting on guys getting better last off season

7 Likes

:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up:

So you’re saying that your DCTF magazine collection is small.

In 1976 DCTF had Coach Yeoman on its cover, along with his returning QB starter, McGallion.

No mention of Danny Davis.

1 Like

So did Davis beat McGallion out, or did he get hurt?

Yes indeed.

Danny Davis was the starter in 1976 and I do not remember McGallion getting injured. McGallion did see spot duty as I recall, but no memorable plays.

Davis had redshirted in 1975.

He won the QB job in Spring Training, 1976.

DCTF did not bother to know that. The photo they used was from 1975 season.

1 Like

You are attempting a glory lap over the 54th ranked recruiting class over two years later??? It’s probably better than that as transfers need to be evaluated. I’d say this is where UH needs to be and Holgi is lucky UH was given entry into the Big 12 and UH big money donors are paying NIL money. A heck of a lot has happened in two years. UH is at an acceptable recruiting spot, but Holgi has gotten plenty of help.

Qwan why can you never just enjoy the moment? even @MRCoog and I have left well enough alone and just been excited about the recruits that have been coming in.

1 Like

I got called out for a post over two years old and gave my thoughts. Blame the poster doing the absurd victory dance.The recruiting class is fine. Nothing to gloat about except WR and nothing to complain except the lines.

1 Like

Are you actually a UH fan? Genuinely asking because I haven’t seen you say anything positive about UH football. Even when we get big time recruits you turn it into a negative. It’s like you want us to be bad

4 Likes

That’s simply untrue. If you are going to make false accusations, there isn’t anything I can say but call you on it. I’ve had nothing but positive things to say about the WR class and haven’t commented on much else. The class is fine. It’s Dana’s best.

1 Like

I have him on ignore so I don’t see his dribble.

3 Likes

To be fair Qwan I agree that was unnecessary of whoever that was to call you out on a 2 year old post. I apologize as I missed that part of the thread.

2 Likes

From my Twitter feed, we are killing it with offers on the defense, and WRs. I haven’t seen much going on with the offensive line yet.

2 Likes

We got close with the “Big Boom”. We can hope for some OL transfers in the Spring. Either grad transfers or guys that don’t like their depth chart position.