UH Football Recruiting

Good to hear. Thanks.

He’s a walk on; I’m not sure they sign NLIs since they don’t get any benefits other than being allowed to compete for a spot.

I don’t think I’ve seen this guy mentioned. Anyone know much about him?

Fort Bend Christian WR. Welcome home!!

2 Likes

Hes a PWO. Same school and friends with the 2024 big time OT from FB christian we are chasing

1 Like

Good pickup. His Jr stats were 1200yds, 21yds per, and 19tds with a 4.45 40 per his recruiting profile.

1 Like

How do guys like this get overlooked? No rating/stars at all?

Another wide receiver?

Attending a private will do that.

Had he been 6A public he’d be on the radar.

2 Likes

Klein Forest signing day

16 Likes

There is some big time talent coming out of Klein Forest the next few years. Hope Parker can help us land some of it

2 Likes

Also FB Marshall, too!

Hopefully , Ja’koby Banks puts a good word!

3 Likes

True. We have plugged into some important pipelines for the next few years.just need them to not run dryđŸ€ž

3 Likes

i dont want to mention this in the commit thread because i dont want it to be a jab at the kid
 he could be great

but is indiana wijay a walk-on? would kind of be a let down if he’s the “4th qb we added” i thought we’d wait till after spring till some qbs lost their qb competitions and pick up a more noteable qb 
 ie like how bama has 5 all-american qbs competing to start

Yes he is a walk on

1 Like

5 All-American QB’s recruited to UH? Or any TX university? Pass me what you are smoking, drinking or mainlining
 Or are you just “funning” everyone?

no, im saying there will be good qbs after spring practice is over when players start getting beat out

i used bama as an example who has 5 all-american qbs battling to replace Bryce young
 one of them could see himself 3rd or 4th and decide its time to go to the portal 
and that could be a top target for houston.

And also a top target for every other P5 in the country.

I thought I saw that like 1 in 3 starting qbs this last season was a transfer.

For all those thinking stars matter in college recruiting.

Super Bowl Rosters coming out of HS.
5 * - 12
4* - 25
3* - 36
2* - 11
Not Rated - 22

4 Likes

That’s actually pretty good evidence that stars do matter. Consider the number of athletes at each level in each class. Not sure where you got your rankings, but let’s go with this year’s 247 rankings, since they seem to have more 5- and 4-star athletes than other services:

5-star: 39
4-star: 408
3-star: ~2000
2-star or lower: ~1500 in this FBS class, and thousands more in FCS, DII, and DIII

If stars truly didn’t matter, there would be about 5 times as many 3-star players in the Super Bowl as there are 4-star players, and 10 times as many 4-star players as there are 5-star players, but that’s not what we see here. In fact, higher-rated players are dramatically more likely to be on a Super Bowl roster this year than their lower-rated classmates.

9 Likes