UH Pauses Men’s Basketball - Covid-19 (Please don't make this about politics... AGAIN)

If there’s any way to trace this back to Harden, I’m guessing his privileges may be restricted for a while.

3 Likes

Well if he had it there are no more risks. I imagine we may increase our protocols of how let others in the facilities and who they will come into contact with when there.

2 Likes

I think this is the way to handle this going forward.

so what’s the update?

we’re canceling games through the weekend obviously. are we practicing? do we know who has what?

we’ve got arguably one of the best teams we’ve ever had and are ranked #7 in the nation and our season just stopped.

what’s the status of the team and coaches? lets go insiders!

1 Like

ucf moved back 1.5 weeks…

so no games till the 19th, next Saturday

1 Like

Ankles should be healed by then and the team is covid-free. I guess I’ll end up rooting for whoever plays #1-9.

1 Like

Would be nice to at least know if we are on track to play at Bama if nothing else happens until then.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1338509987539267590

12 Likes

I’d been wondering about that. We have to practice to have a game this weekend.

2 Likes

I just hope there’s not serious rust after being off for a week and no games for 2 weeks. We better be prepared for Alabama!

7 Likes

This doesn’t sound as promising. Alabama game is going to be canceled.

Let’s hope the Comical is wrong as always!

1 Like

Game is on, just another awkward game not having full squad. Why return to practice and tell Jon Rothstein if we are still on pause due to Covid

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/AYanez_5/status/1338542994375454724

Forget basketball and rankings…let’s just get these kids and the staff healthy.

16 Likes

Something I wondered if there were any programs that encouraged their kids to participate in vaccine trials…like Pfizer, Moderna or AZ. They would have potentially gotten the vaccine sooner if not in the placebo group.

I wonder if college athletes will have to wait for their turn in the que for a vaccine or will they get moved further to the front of the line?

College athletes move to the front of the line for what reason? They are not in the most vulnerable group and they certainly are not as essential as front line workers.

4 Likes

They are healthy. Just lacking the practice and personnel

No. Y’all make not like him, but JD is on point almost always. He doesn’t try to be first, tries to be accurate first go round

Pretty easy to be on point when he is being fed the information directly from our AD.
He is just a poor and unprofessional journalist.

4 Likes