UH vs Southern

15-0 Coogs in bottom of fourth. Do we play Southern to get players extra PT? Does A&M play PVAMU?

Meanwhile TX Tech is tied with #2 Arkansas at 7 apiece in F’Ville in bottom of fifth. Six runs for Hogs in the fifth.

1 Like

UH won 25-0.

Can someone explain to me why you wouldn’t want to start the FR all over the field and get them some experience? I don’t understand why you have to give some of those pitchers some innings. Maybe you can find something from someone that you can use the rest of the year!

5 Likes

The game itself is just dumb.

You are correct, unless you are starting all freshman and occasional sophomore what is the point?

There isn’t one.

What is sad, is the casual fan thinks the team is “back on track”….i sh-t you not I read that on Twitter.

6 Likes

Wow, that is insane!

1 Like

2 game win streak, BABY! On a scoring binge.

YEEAAAHHH!

:laughing:

2 Likes

Another contract extension!

1 Like

Normal play returns on Friday ugggh

2 Likes

BTW, don’t expect to see Rainess for the rest of the year!

Hurt or just performance?

And Jelkins done?

I will just put it this way, he is gone!

They are being really cautious with Jenkins since he is going to be a high draft pick, which they should be. I would be surprised to see him back but the kid wants to play.

1 Like

I been around long enough to read between the lines Baller.

Too bad on the pitcher….but good on them for keeping him from himself.

1 Like

Southern plays at TSU this weekend so the travel schedule makes sense.

Southern swept PVAMU at home and won at LSU.

Does Whitting have a Twitter account lol.
I’m sure those back to back shutout wins will get him another extension

1 Like

100 RPI
8-11 vs quad 2 and 3 teams.

Play at #88 Cincinnati this weekend. Need two of three.

Why do they “need two of three of”?

Not being snarky, just that two of three does nothing….they are already too far gone to get an at-large.
And they don’t have the pitching or coaching for that matter to win the conference tournament.

4 Likes

This is the entire “modus operadi” of this Todd Pezwhitting schedule. You have to have the distractions in there to conflate the performance.

Tell me…and use your imaginations here…how did this help either school? Do you think either side likes playing in a game with a 25 run differential?

Pezman should call the AD at Southern and f—- apologize. I can’t imagine how those kids feel. And all to make Todd look better.

2 Likes

I understand it if you are just trying to help the HBCU’s. However, you know they are terrible Todd, so play the FR and the other kids that don’t play. That was a joke the other night and the team got nothing out of it!!

2 Likes

You understand what I am saying. And they seem to be doing the right thing for Jelkin!

1 Like

Two out of three is just to show some progress. If you can’t beat a #88 team two out of three you’ll probably drop a bit more in RPI. If we finish at the bottom of the Big 12 and don’t have much talent coming in, Pez’s decision is clear. A move to Allen or an up and comer Texas coach makes sense without much more investment.

This game with Southern was set up before their games at TSU. Did we set it up or did they ask for it? What’s the purpose of two mid-week games? Wright got some good innings versus a decently hitting HCU. Their pitching is pretty suspect. Did Southern pitch their worst guys? I’d save my better ones for league play. If I’m CTW, I want to make sure we win and put in freshmen and walkons when we went up 15-0 after four innings. The outcome was clear at that point if not earlier. Again, Southern won at LSU but maybe they went with their best roster vs a weak Tiger roster?

1 Like

With 11 of 19 wins v Quad 4 this season.
More than 50% of UH Baseball wins since Covid season are vs Quad 4.

Just caught up.
Southern early in game.
CF catches off wall then underhands 2 the LF to throw 2 infield.
Never seen that before. The LF did not expect it.

1 Like