Ultimate enemy

Not exactly just a medical school , much more…

The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is primarily a graduate-level university focusing on the health sciences. Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health center in the Southwestern United States - the only one in Texas with six schools - offering programs in biomedical science, dentistry, biomedical informatics, medicine, nursing, and public health.

https://www.uth.edu/academics/applicants/degrees.htm

1 Like

Move this off the football board. If it’s as important a topic as some of you are making it out to be, then it won’t die a slow death on the other message board.

1 Like

Clearly stated earlier mcrottencraden lied purposely. He should have been court martialed. I can’t remember the consequences to a retired officer, Admiral in his case when you lie at such a high level.
More importantly and this has been swept under the rug by many. He mcrottencraden specifically stated that having a four year campus in Houston was a long term goal of the ut maggots.

2 Likes

He should have been court-martialed? :rofl: Good lord, some of you are absolutely eaten up with obsession of UT. Whatever. I’ll let ya’ll have at it.

1 Like

You can believe whatever the hell you want to believe but UT wanted a UT-Houston. We stopped them. And:

THEY STILL OWN THE HOUSTON LAND THEY BOUGHT FROM A DONOR AND THEY JUSTIFIED IT BY SAYING THEY COULD SELL IT AT ANY TIME FOR A PROFIT. YET DURING THE GREATEST REAL ESTATE MARKET EVER UT HAS NOT SOLD THE PROPERTY. EITHER THEY ARE LYING ABOUT THEIR DESIRE TO SELL THE LAND (or the land was environmentally fouled and they can’t sell it which is a huge no no to not do an environmental site assessment specially when it wasn’t an arms length transaction).

EITHER F’N ONE.between you and me, it was probably both.

You can be an apologist if you want to be, but any reasonable person would view it as being naive or stupid or both.

UT wanted a UT-Houston. We stopped them.

Bully for Us.

5 Likes

I too would be for the PUF to be open to teetech, UNT and other four years Texas public schools.

I think there’s a lot of reason to doubt this, chief among them being that UH has a nearly 100-year start on any theoretical UT-H. UT-D is what it is because it is the primary public school that serves the City of Dallas; prior to UT-D’s founding, the largest public school in the DFW area was Arlington State (now UT-Arlington) whose system BOR (then Texas A&M) was openly hostile toward it. They invested single-mindedly into a field that was being suddenly established as a new academic discipline, and nothing like that really exists today.

The situation in Houston is radically different; if a TI-like institution wanted to throw money at a public school to develop talent like that, they’d give it to UH. A theoretical UT-Houston would face a huge uphill battle, starting with the funding necessary to literally construct a campus and recruit students. UT-Dallas could point to their relationship with TI and their status as the only real option for Dallas-based kids to stay home. Neither of those would be present for UT-H. An extremely aggressive push at a real UT-Houston, in its best-case scenario, likely looks a lot like UIC, which achieved R1 status a little less than 40 years after its founding. Is that really what has us shaking in our boots – that UT will dump literal billions into attempting to compete with us, and perhaps be successful in 40 years?

Their strategy would have been to create redundancy and make the argument that its in the best interests of the tax payers to consolidate both systems. Gee I can’t imagine who would win.

2 Likes

Our UH Department of Petroleum Engineering has been a huge thorn for the utmaggots. They, the utmaggots can’t accept that we have our own and generate research Dollars.

2 Likes

I don’t buy that it would have worked. There’s already redundancy; TSU is a block away. Besides, if UT tried to acquire UH, A&M would have a conniption. I think the odds of that scheme backfiring and UH getting a new campus in its system are pretty high.

I’m totally willing to accept that UT would love to make inroads into the Houston market. I just think it’s pretty hard to look at the lay of the land and see a UT-H campus as feasible. If they wanted an undergrad school to compete with UH, it would probably be much easier and much more palatable from a PR perspective to acquire TSU and write them a blank check.

Why do you think they bought that big AZZ property from a donor? For a data science school?

Do you really believe that?

1 Like

And

https://www.uh.edu/president/office/

Email senator whitmire and prez Khator on this and ask them to inquire why UT hasn’t yet sold the land.

5 Likes

Who on here said we should emulate the Aggies? Most of the comments I made and read from others was that it be nice if UH alumni had as much passion and dedication to their university as A&M does for theirs.

That, I don’t rightly know. I have a hunch that the “center” in “data science center” was the same usage as the adjoining “medical center” that they also run, except with more private involvement. It would have been a potential moneymaking venture for them, though I don’t think that Data Science requires the same kind of geographic proximity that medicine does. I just know it’s hard to read the lay of the land and determine that a four-year UT campus in Houston would be successful, and I don’t think that the UT BOR is governed by morons.

Donor has property

Can’t sell property because of environmental issues

Donor + McRaven hatch scheme to sell property to taxpayers for a data science school.

McRaven and Buds view it as trojan horse into houston.

Donor + McRaven buy land and expect no pushback.

They get huge pushback and taxpayers are now forever owning environmentally fouled land.

Everyone acts like it never happened. Just another asset on UT’s balance sheet.

7 Likes

You don’t think that the UT BOR is governed by morons? mcrottencraven resigned in shame after three years. He was the “fall guy” and what is going with the land? We all know the answer.

He didn’t stay very long did he. Had a very short and abbreviated stint there. Hmmmm

1 Like

I rate it as extremely plausible that this is the whole story. Just good old-fashioned graft.

1 Like

Yes I believe graft was part of it. Part B was build school on environmentally fouled land. If you never sell the land again, no one will ever be the wiser. Unless it leaches into your neighbors property.

It was a crappy thing McRaven and UT did, but that is their MO.

McRaven was pushed out because no one wanted this to come to light.