Ultimate enemy

It is correct that UTD has a higher rank by USNews. Can you name another organization that does so? I can name 8 that gives UH higher rankings.

1 Like

I think the PUF should be opened, but the fact that it isn’t doesn’t connote some fiendish ploy to keep UH down. Tech, UNT, etc. are missing those funds as well. And I have no love for UT, but thank God they aren’t on my mind like they are on yours, much like fluoridated water is on Gen. Jack D. Ripper’s.

3 Likes

Original poster is right, regardless of the other opinions; just read the history (see the other posts on that history - further down the page on Coogfans; you MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING!).

6 Likes

There is one fact SamHouston 1. The PUF is closed to UH and the Houston land has not been sold. Are you making excuses? You can’t have it both ways.

At least you are honest norbert. We know where your allegiance is.

2 Likes

Two of the big three global rankings, THE and QS, have UTD ahead of UH. The third, ARWU, has UH one ranking tier ahead of UTD.

I believe he(?) is talking less about on the field, traditional types of rivalries and more about political power. While the horns do not care a whit about our sports teams, they care a lot about our money, having power and getting more of it. Beware the Austin Death Star.

5 Likes

Chris are you Christian? Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s goods.

Weak

1 Like

UTD was basically founded for Texas Instruments. It’s a really good STEM school and probably edges out UH in some CS and engineering programs.

Graduation rates are about 15% higher there too.

1 Like

I’ll be moving on as soon as those pr***s write us a check out of that fancy PUF and cut the other deserving Texas schools in too.

5 Likes

DUH!

The University of Texas wants to be in Houston in the worst way. Its the only market they aren’t in and the reason they aren’t in Houston is the University of Houston. So all this BS about UT never thinks about us and they don’t view us as anything significant is just a bunch of crap.

They want to be here, we are keeping them from being here. I am sure they think about it.

THEY STILL HAVE NOT SOLD THE HOUSTON LAND.

6 Likes

UT-D is getting close to AAU status. But that just highlights how dysfunctional the 2 mega
systems ( UT and A&M) are, even within their own systems. UTD even competes with UH and TT for the HEAF funds. So doubtful UTH would rival ut-a , but it would be a competitor to UH.

Areas of the state should have natural synergies with the industries in their backyard .
Let a&m be the agricultural , vet school it’s suppose to be. Let UH be the educational hub
for manned space flight, medical research, biology, chemistry, chemical engineering , petroleum eng, and geology. TT can study blowing tumbleweeds, wind energy, etc.

2 Likes

They don’t think about us, but our fans are clearly obsessed with them.

2 Likes

BS - UT definitely thinks about UH and the threat that UH represents to UT’s power and reach in the state of Texas. So they prefer to constrain UH at every opportunity. Anybody that doesn’t understand that is ignorant of the facts.

Dr. Khator sure understands that and she has been quite effective so far gaining strength, support and awareness of UH’s concerns regarding a potential UT encroachment on UH.

9 Likes

So they didn’t think about us when McRaven was brought in front of the state legislators and Khator was there?

It is just stupid to think UT doesn’t think about us. We are the third largest University system in the state and we are in the largest city in Texas which UT is not in.

Don’t be stupid. We are part of their calculations.

4 Likes

Ever hear of doctor Red Duke (RIP) and the UT Health Science
Center at Houston ?

1 Like

Yep they have a Medical school. That is all they are having.

You ever hear of a guy named McRaven whose claim to fame is that he’s the man who planned the raid that took out Bin Laden?

Well his planned raid to take out UH didn’t go quite so well. As a result, he was dismissed.

3 Likes