UNBOOM - King to sit out rest of 2019, redshirt only?

If that happened he could still transfer to another school with plenty of time to get settled in. He’ll have a good idea whether he’s the man or not by the end of the season.

1 Like

Or he’s moving to WR to get NFL-ready. :upside_down_face:

Tune bomb to King then a King bomb to Tune. Thou shalt be done

2 Likes

Right and people will want him. Between his dad and the temptation island transfer portal, I’ll believe he stays when I see it even if he currently has every intention of staying.

2 Likes

I’m sure there will be schools out there sending indirect signals to King to transfer. If a big program like Ohio State or Bama come calling, would he go?

The tell is them mentioning graduation in their statements. No need to talk about that on their football statement. It’s focused on their mind for other reasons…

1 Like

Bama? Nah.

I think you guys underestimate his loyalty to UH. The kid wants to be a Coog. Let him be a Coog and quit worrying.

King 2020. Now we get to develop our team as a whole with plenty of games to prepare for next year. King gets to take an entire season to truly develop and understand this offense.

I’m excited! Holgorsen is shaking up this program whether you agree or not. We must learn to be patient. We have a great basketball team to look forward to soon.

Go Coogs

8 Likes

Since he is redshirting this year doesn’t he have to graduate in order to transfer?

1 Like

Giving up on the season seems very strange…BUT…

As the polly prez…I have no choice but to go ALL IN on our backup QB…and maintain a belief in victory after victory!!!

8 Likes

Do you crack jokes at funerals too…lol?

1 Like

How many good programs want a guy who can’t hit the long ball and is barely completing 50%?

There would be many believe me

lol they were literally just saying that about jalen hurts

King 2020 Houston… I believe

2 Likes

Hmmm, recall CDH closed the play book while playing PV… thinkin’ ahead I hope.

That extra year improves maturity for most players at that age. Heck, I was my quickest and best in my 30’s. Case played across more years although only playing actually close to 4 years, like all games. I think it helped him.

So many leave in their Junior Year only to languish and fade away. Look at How much King bulked up the last year. By the time they redshirt and get another year to learn the playbook and coaches we could be … scary! Note that some defensive players seemed to be held back or had to sit out. Its almost the corollary to those transferring late in their college careers.

Of course you all know I am a flaming optimist but as I said before CDH ain’t full madness. He acts that way but he thinks… and plans…

If this all turns out and players are indeed sacrificing for the future and willing to put in the work; wow! That almost brings tears to my eyes at the sacrifice for UH! No sarcasm intended whatsoever.

4 Likes

This has got to be tough for the guys who are playing the remainder of the season. The HC has basically decided that he isn’t going to go all out to win the rest of the games. He’s going to run some people out there to play out the schedule. If you’re a Senior this has to really taste bad. Will he do this again if a UH team starts slowly 2-3 years from now?

7 Likes

So CDH initially said he was here to establish a program,i.e., using the redshirt process wisely, augmenting the team with key transfers, creating a better culture. It appears CDH has decided to accelerate the process (similar to what the Astros did which worked out well) instead of slugging through 2 or 3 years of mediocrity. I’ve suffered through worst football seasons (1975 ring a bell) and was ‘poly’ for 1976 which turned into an incredible journey. Don’t think Khator & Tillman haven’t been involved in what’s going on. While stuck in North Alabama I will continue to fly my UH flag every game day and catch them on TV or some other media. Go Coogs!

7 Likes

Yep. But Hurts came from Alabama, with no banjo on his knee, not UH.

1 Like

I wonder… is King still growing in height? If so (yea, too many ancient astronauts stuff) how many others are still growing?