Unlike Bedlam, Bayou Bucket not dying amytime soon

If we ever rise to playoff caliber football I’d rather not have that game dragging down our SOS. Just say no to arroz. I doubt it will ever rate high in viewership and does nothing to help us other that risk a loss against a low-benefit opponent

1 Like

Rice is save the head coaches’ job, relief valve. Without Rice, we are probably 1-3 Saturday. There is a reason it is the third game on the schedule.

4 Likes

They need to continue playing SMU or UTSA…forget about Rice…they don’t care about their sports anyways

2 Likes

I’m not inclined to disagree, knowing how Pez feathered the baseball schedule.

I didn’t mind playing Rice until they pulled that bs on us the year TDECU was being built.

3 Likes

Cut your carbs (Rice)
Load up on protein (Utsa/SMU)

I was mad about that and then ditching us to on the schedule that one year (we had to scramble and fortunately UNLV had to a 13th game they could give to us.)

But that was a previous AD. Sort of like UT pretending bleachergate was still relevant 2 ADs and university presidents later. I was mad too but we should let it go. (Doesn’t mean there aren’t other reasons not to schedule then)

I guess thats fine. Would like a rotation of Rice-Ponies and UTSA but if only one keeping Rice would not be the worst thing.

Having a road game 4 miles from campus is a plus.

7 Likes

I like playing Rice. Gives us 7 home games. I enjoy watching our game at their stadium.

6 Likes

I’d rather play UTSA and Texas St.

4 Likes

Again the big 12 will be 9 tough games so we need 2 easy then 1 other tough. It’s what Texas does and the sec plays 3 easy and 1 tough non conf. Lsu does that and A&M.

1 Like

A good mixture of utsa, tx sate, and rice would be good. One in city and two very short road trips. San Marcos and San Antonio are good spots.

1 Like

Another Yawn…

Maybe if Rice actuslly starts caring about football

1 Like

I believe that was the game where Earl ran over Bevo.

It would be nice to have an OOC round robin with SMU, Texas St., and UTSA. Playing Rice hasn’t been fun since Maggard left.

1 Like

Should be game 1 every year. Only way to get a good crowd

6 Likes

32-11

It’s all fun and games until they beat us once. And then we’ll see them as a revenge game. But until that happens its just intellectual whatever vs The city.

2 Likes

After narrowly escaping San Antonio with a win this year, I have no desire to watch UH play UTSA. I’d rather watch UH stomp out Rice than possibly lose a game to UTSA/SMU. All will be AAC next year, so there’s no real benefit in playing one over the other. When we get into P5 play, our games against G5 schools will be looked at as one of two ways:

UH won - “They we’re supposed to win.”

UH lost - “With an upset UH of the B12 conference lost to an AAC school. They’re in for a rough year at Houston. Is Coach X on the hot seat now? Is the AAC school in NY6 talk now? Upset of the week.”

No I’ll pass on that.

3 Likes