Unlike Bedlam, Bayou Bucket not dying amytime soon

Well in that case don’t look out schedule for next season…especially the home opener.

I’m cool with it if we can write in that they’re not allowed to bring their “band”

Plucking up those birds once a year… sounds good.

Yeah I know and we’re at a real risk of splitting the all time series with UTSA. Not a good look for Big 12 team…

Would like Rice to be the first game of the season. Both are 0-0 and you can get a good crowd

2 Likes

Seems rather basic, Coach V. Wonder why they don’t see that. A home opener for both teams.

Not sure about SMU. They wouldn’t always be a home game, like Rice, and their fan following isn’t much better.

On top of that I’ve kind of gotten my fill of playing them. We’ll be playing TCU regularly and I don’t see them having much to offer that TCU doesn’t (other than an easier win).

I like the rotation idea, though. Rice, UTSA, then either North Texas, {ducks} Memphis, or {sigh} Tulane. (I’ve had my fill of Tulane, too, but I like games in Louisiana for recruiting purposes. ULL or LT would be fine too but New Orleans is New Orleans.)

1 Like

I’m fine with playing all the excluded SWC teams. It will make it feel more like the SWC again!

Give me Sam Houston, Tx State and Nebraska

1 Like

I’m down for an annual game, but whoever won the bucket last game should have homefield advantage!

I’m a fan of a rotation between SMU, UTSA, and Rice.

For our FCS, Texas Southern, no exceptions. Unless we want to boost stock then fly in an FCS contender like Jackson State or something. But TxSO is someone we need to play.

Rice, SMU, UTSA, Tx St. all should work as future OOC opponents.

1 Like

I’d prefer that our FCS be a Top 25 FCS team.

2 Likes

Strong, strong disagree on that one. If we’re gonna play an FCS team, it should be an absolute bottom-feeder, like TSU or HCU. Nobody gives you extra credit if the FCS team you beat was top-tier, and nobody cuts you any slack if the FCS team you lost to was the best in the country. In the eyes of basically everyone, an FCS team is an FCS team. Losing to South Dakota State is the same as losing to Prairie View, especially as a P5 team.

Heck, Mississippi Valley State just got blown out by an actual D2 team, the Delta State Fighting Okra. Let’s bring them in. Let our third string hang a hundred on 'em.

3 Likes

To be fair, Delta State is one of the best D2 teams. Here’s a Mississippi Valley vs Delta State coin toss from several years ago.

How the hell are these D2 guys so big?!?!

IF they replace Rice, Texas St or North Texas are good roadies. I never want to play the road chickens again especially in that sweat box with worse concessions than ours.

I love playing Rice.

1 Like

I don’t particularly love it, but it makes sense. If we don’t play them, we should pay TSU and HCU (formerly HBU) to play us at home alternating years.

Sounds like the same attitude whorns and giggies have had for the past 40 years. My goodness, how our attitudes have changed . . . . .