USFL

Still own a USFL satin jacket

1 Like

Currently interviewing the Stars head coach which if you use age profession software resembles what looks to be an 80yr old Art Briles.

Typical Sumlin, no defense

The Gamblers win!

1 Like

I tried watching but lost interest very quickly. for some reason the XFL was more exciting to me, probably because they actually played in different cities

5 Likes

My wife and I will probably head up to Bham in a couple of weeks to visit her sister and watch the Gamblers play the Breakers.

2 Likes

That sounds like a good trip!

GO GAMBLERS!!!

1 Like

Exactly, Philly is playing against New Orleans right now. It looks like they have 18 people in the stands. It does not bode well for this version of the USFL. They should have played in a much smaller stadium. That makes no sense.

Crowds are not relevant to them this season. This is a trial season and their focus is completely on viewership.

Granted but you gotta to admit that it is hard to watch when you have no one in the stands.

Not saying I agree just the lack of fans is not an indicator for their success.

This season is simply a big infomercial in order to sell to new owners and move the teams to their cities.

Fox already had perspective owners for half the teams before they ever started.

Maybe the Gamblers will play at TDECU and send some money our way!

2 Likes

This weekends USFL TV product matched NBA playoff games and beat Major League baseball in viewers.

Football is king and it was pretty entertaining.

4 Likes

The football play seems good but it felt like the Covid year without the crowd. I guess the networks don’t need a stadium full of people as long as they can get good viewership.

1 Like

Tried watching some of the Gamblers game but it was a snoozer. Soon to be joining the WFL, The real USFL, XFL1, UFL, AAFC and XFL2. Minor league football is a brutal sell with the cost.

1 Like

QB play as in the XFL is way below average.

2 Likes

Nah XFL 2.0 only failed because of covid. And the current USFL has basically unlimited funds with no cost. At some point people are just going to have to accept that spring football is here to stay. There is simply too much of a demand for it.

And if you thought the game was snoozer then I don’t know what to tell you. The second half had me on the edge the entire time.

3 Likes