UT fan comments on BurntOrangeNation

NO FREAKING WAY this happens.

I take it you are not in favor of moving the game to NRG?

2 Likes

The visiting team doesn’t get gate money. How is NRG different?

1 Like

Do not tell us this is true

1 Like

They had a large screen playing March Madness games last year at Frontier Fiesta that they could reuse for your idea

I hope it isn’t.

If we don’t buy a majority of the seats in TDECU, the whorn fans will buy our season tickets just to watch their one game.

I hope this does not happen.

Yeah, when you start chasing other school’s board, you end up getting behind on your TPS reports. Not worth my time.

We have three separate podcasts for Houston Cougars sports. We’re not relevant enough to have that many podcasts. Wish the guys would collaborate and come up with one kick-a** one.

In 2010, Florida Atlantic played a “home” game against Michigan State at Ford Field in Detroit. Because FAU was the “home” team, FAU kept the gate receipts.

3 Likes

I remember when New Mexico State played a home game versus Arkansas at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock. Also, Idaho once played a home game versus Washington State on the Cougs home field, Martin Stadium.

Interesting. Not sure how the horns could consider it a home game if Houston decides to play their home game at NRG.

UH received $2.4 million for playing in the 2021 Texas Kickoff Game at NRG vs. Texas Tech.

THEORY: There is no 2023 Texas Kickoff game currently scheduled. A deal is in the works with ESPN to anoint the UH-sip games as the 2023 Texas Kickoff game.

Is it possible that UH thinks the sips are so desperate to move the game to NRG that the sips will forgo their half of the proceeds? That likely gets UH’s payout to north of $5 million. Not the $10 million being kicked around on these boards, but a nice payout anyway.

DRAWBACKS TO THEORY:

1. A “Texas Kickoff” game played in October seems odd. A Texas Kickoff game has been played in Week 3 before, but still 
 (Maybe move the game to Week Zero? It would be the only P5 vs. P5 in Week Zero)

2. What incentive would ESPN have to anoint the UH-sip game as a Texas Kickoff game? The UH-sip game would likely be ESPN inventory no matter where it’s played. Of course, this would shut Fox out of the UH-sip game. (Moving to Week Zero would provide marquee inventory to ESPN in Week Zero, but I’m not sure the NCAA would like kickoff games scheduled in Week Zero.)

Question: How much net $$$ is needed to convince us to move the game to NRG?

I strongly prefer not moving like almost all of you. I could be swayed for 10M although I don’t think that figue is a realistic possibility.

We dont need their damn money!! We are NOT moving this game
I remind you people Pez is a Coog and an ex player
We are not changing our home field advantage
Quit acting like we are paupers in cusa or something
They play us in Houston, it is at our on campus football stadium

11 Likes

Let me guess: A ut friend of yours told you that high ups at UH are moving it to NRG

1 Like

Nah I can’t see this happening. Pez has stated such and all Houston sports media have run with it to places beyond the city. Would be extremely embarrassing if we do this. I’d be POed. Game at TDECU is 30K UH and 10K UT at worst. Game at NRG is 50/50 split of fans. No way can you let that happen no way. He// no.

3 Likes

Just because the cow people are obsessed with this topic and continually fantasize about moving the game to NRG, doesn’t mean it will happen. Aren’t y’all tired of this false narrative? Pezman went on the radio and said it will not be moved. Duarte has repeatedly said the same. Goodness.

1 Like

You want to give your TEAM, your SCHOLARCHIPS players, your WALK ONS the best chance to win this game?
You play at home.
You want to build your brand?
You play at home
You want your current students to fully get into this game?
You play at home.
You want to INFURIATE every single one of us?
You want to @#$ISS OFF your hard core fans?
You want to tell us that building a new home stadiun meant nothing?
You want to tell us that madcowsu decides what we should do?

You play at

Don’t ever ask me

I prefer the game at TDECU, but we can’t discount the long term benefits that a UT payout would bring to UH. Pez has already stated that UH refused a $10M payout. What about $15M? What about $20M? Take the emotion out of it. Since it has been reported that UT and OU are staying in the B12 until 2025, maybe they have some cash to burn, since they won’t have to pay any penalties. What would your decision be if we were told that with the UT payout, we can break ground on the Football Facility? That benefit would last 10 years.

I know the UT BMDs prefer the pampering and luxury suites at NRG and I wonder in a game like this, if UH BMDs wouldn’t secretly agree. Of course, they would never admit it publicly.

Whatever UH’s decision, I will support it.

1 Like

Please Mr. UT
throw us some dimes and we’ll admit our home field isn’t fit for players of your caliber, and a fan base a rung higher than us on the social ladder.

3 Likes