UTEP is 4-1

So great to see…Coach Dimel and i were good friends, and it really hurt to see him struggle so much at UH. If Barrick Nealy had not been injured, i think coach Dimel wouldve won enough games his third year to keep his job… As it was, he did set coach Briles up with a talented roster…

I always worry about what Andre says when the question of UH athletics comes up. Most of the time he tries to stay with the Company line and down play UH athletics. Sad.

1 Like

People have to remember that Dana was coming in after Helton’s career of running draw plays multiple times and disparaging recruiting in Houston. I was so glade when we finally got rid of him. From an exciting team to a pretty boring one.

Honestly, he is more negative towards UH than ESPN in general is.

I am happy for the fans in El Paso to have something worth cheering for this year.
From a football standpoint UTEP is not that good…. The only team they have played with a pulse ( Boise) they lost to by 40 points.

UTSA is a much better team….let’s see what happens when they play each other.

El Paso usually supports UTEP when winning but the crowds this year aren’t turned on. Last night was 18,000. They had 11,000 earlier this year. Wonder what’s up?

Pandemic?

1 Like

Both UTEP and UTSA aren’t getting the level of fan support their records would suggest and that they’ve had in the past.

I believe the pandemic has caused fans to turn to an alternative viewing option, mainly ESPN+.

Watch the game without leaving the house.