Volleyball team rocks

I am a bit sheepish posting about the UH volleyball team, because I know next to nothing about the sport, other than I find the team fun to follow. However, I see no other posts and, well:

1.  The team is doing very well.  After losing the first match of the season the team has won 8 in a row, the majority on the road and the team has beaten several squads that made the tournament last year and;  

2.  On September 15th (tomorrow) the team plays #1 UT in Austin. 

Go Coogs.

7 Likes

A poster on another site has a daughter on the team. Cool stuff.

1 Like

A week or so ago, I watched UH defeat LSU 3-1.

Volleyball is an exciting game, and UH looks to be pretty good.

6 Likes

I love for all our sports teams to be competitive!

2 Likes

It’s a cool sport and tickets are only $10 at FC. Got some Sunday 1pm games coming
up. I may try and take my son to one of these.

https://uh.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?xd_co_f=ZTdhMzY2ZmMtMDk4Mi00MDc4LWE1MmQtMmUwOTZhZmI0ZmU4&groupCode=VS&linkID=houston&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=&_ga=2.191258474.1150661067.1663274684-915342065.1662912690

1 Like

Not sure about espn+, but the match will be shown on the lh network at 8.

I looked on ESPN+. It appears it’s going to be shown at 8:00.

I hope so because I don’t have the Longhorn Network.

Coogs take first set.

UT has only lost two sets this year, and no first sets until this match.

It’s on LHTV and ESPN+ now

2 Likes

Lady Coogs looking good. Showing a lot of fight

1 Like

What a fight. 3-1 but they ran a train in the first set before relaxing in the second and third.

This team is good.

1 Like

They performed as well as the top ranked teams Texas has played. They seem poised to compete for the AAC championship for sure.

2 Likes

Coogs win today. Beat High Point 3 sets to 1. If I have it right, that concludes out of conference schedule. Impressive 9 -2 record.

AAC games begin Wednesday afternoon at Tulane. 3 of first 4 on the road. Go Coogs.

3 Likes

Would love to see our volleyball program make some inroads to Ridge Point High!

I’m sold.

Been following them on espn+ and really enjoying. Today, a buddy of mine called and asked me to go with him and his daughter, a HS VB player, to the match. Wow……media does not do the sport justice. Tremendous athleticism and speed from both teams. Coogs won 3-1.
Good crowd……I’ll be back!

3 Likes

I am with you. There is a great deal to enjoy and even though I know little about the sport, I am impressed with the UH program. Two conference matches two conference wins this past week. Two more road matches this week. Go Coogs.

Volleyball rocks and is on a roll. Four games into a 20 game conference schedule the Coogs are 4 - 0. Three of the wins are road victories.
Next up a Friday night game against the Mousketeers who are the preseason pick to win the conference. The game is at the Fertitta Center. UCF is undefeated in Conference and, I think I have this correct, overall.

3 Likes

Is anyone in conference nationally ranked?

Last I checked, UCF was 10-0 and ranked 23 I think. They have traditionally been the conference favorite.

1 Like

The NCAA’s RPI’s are out, the Coogs come in at #19. Their two losses are to #1 & #11. #7 UCF comes to the FC this Friday. That would be a big win.
DI Women’s Volleyball Rankings - NCAA Women’s Volleyball RPI | NCAA.com

4 Likes

UH 3 - UCF 1! Yeah they rock!

6 Likes