Volleyball team rocks

Impressive performance. Rock and roll adding some virtuoso jazz riffs.
I truly don’t know a librero from a sombrero, but from what I see this team is worthy of a great deal of respect.

3 Likes

I bought tickets for Sunday earlier this week!

3 Likes

I love it anytime a Coog team wins! So proud of the volleyball team

1 Like

Getting ready to watch the replay on espn+. A shame it conflicted with football.

TV doesn’t do justice to the athleticism and intensity of volleyball at this level of play

4 Likes

Exactly.

Enjoy. From what I could tell it was a hard fought contest. The critical 3rd set the Coogs won 26 - 24. I was not able to watch it, so interested in your review.

Great match today!
My daughter is over the moon that she got to meet the team!

9 Likes

Will have it for you tomorrow! Too pretty outside today. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The signing of the posters after the game is slick. I didn’t realize they did it after every game, my friend’s daughter got one a few games ago. A great way to build rapport with old and new fans.

8 Likes

Almost through watching….love ESPN+! A few things that stood out right away. Just a great crowd! I think it was a record. You can tell that the team enjoyed playing before the crowd. Both teams are very good, the Cougars just wanted this one more. I can’t remember the exact stat, but after the second game, we were substantially ahead in kills. As the match progressed, the swagger increased and by the start of the fourth game, you knew that the Coog‘s pretty much had this in control.

While it’s hard to match the excitement of watching it in person, there is a lot to be said for catching a few matches on ESPN+ as well. It is a great way to learn some of the intricacies of the game and offers a few things to watch for as the match progresses.

If anything else catches my eye in the last game, I will shoot you an edit on this.

3 Likes

Thanks! Much appreciated. If I understand the schedule correctly the Coogs have another big game Friday afternoon ( 1 pm) against SMU. The ponies, like UCF have only 1 conference loss.

Another impressive weekend. 2 road conference matches, 2 road conference wins. As best as I can tell, the UH volleyball team had a #14 RPI going into weekend play, so they should be nearing a top 10 RPI.
Go Coogs.

5 Likes

If you can’t watch The game, go to the UH volleyball page: https://uhcougars.com/sports/womens-volleyball/schedule?path=wvball

Go to the match in question and click the bar graph icon to see live stats:

The seasoned volleyball fans probably know this, I wanted to put this out there in case you didn’t know

1 Like

Well deserved advance of the team to #10 in the RPI. The “rankings” lag behind, tainted by the same P5 bias we see, inexplicably, in basketball.
Team begins a 5 game homestand Friday against the mild surprisers from Wichita State.

2 Likes

Another weekend: two more conference wins. If I understand it all correctly, the Coogs are 2/3rds of the way through the regular season and have, by any objective measure, one of the best teams in country. 19-2, undefeated at FC, 10-2 away from FC and undefeated in Conference.
Like their FC brethren of Men’s basketball - we get to start peeking at bracketology. Well done, Ladies.

6 Likes

RPI going into the weekend was 10. Win over Wichita might boost it, but Tulsa probably not

3 Likes

Let’s win the Conference Championship!
Go Lady Coogs!

1 Like

Whilst endeavouring to see how far the volleyball team fell in the RPI rankings by continuing to be unbeaten - (yes for us basketball fans the dreaded “good loss” is better than a win syndrome feels very familiar) I noted that the team only fell to #13 by sweeping every conference foe to date. I did however notice one thing of interest. There is no team in America with as many as, much less, more wins than UH volleyball.
The team has 21 wins, no one else has more than 20. These guys deserve some real recognition.

Oddly, the next game - is on a Wednesday - an unusual midweek contest. The game is against Tulane at 2:30 pm - the last of the homestand before the Coogs have a challenging road trip. Go Coogs.

6 Likes

Ladies are still rollin’! GoCoogs!

6 Likes