Volleyball team rocks

They’re predicted as a four seed so they get to host

2 Likes

Conference Champs! Apparently, the Coogs victory today over Da Bulls guarantees no worse than a share of the conference title - an honor last held by UH volleyball in 1999.

The table is now set for the showdown in Orlando - 4 pm Friday - looks like a huge game for the RPI.

7 Likes

Just started watching late in the season. Has been fun.
USF’s facilities are really not good.
Glad the team plays in Fertita. Good look on tv.
Congrats to the team. It’s great to be conference champs.

4 Likes

Up to 22 in the polls.

DI Women’s Volleyball Rankings - AVCA Coaches | NCAA.com

3 Likes

Hopefully the Coogs can beat UCF again on Friday. If they don’t, does anyone know what the tiebreaker would be for the #1 seed in the AAC tourney?

Someone that knows better than I should correct me if I have this wrong. My understanding is that there is no conference tourney - Selection Sunday is this Sunday - the 27th. Tourney starts the next weekend.

The UCF game decides if UH holds a solo conference championship or shares it. Since UCF has only 1 loss, the big prize is the hoped for RPI boost to obtain a higher seed and hopefully host more games.

1 Like

I forgot there’s no conf tourney. I guess it’s just a matter of which team gets the auto-bid if they tie in the AAC standings.

1 Like

Volleyball is fun to watch. Congratulations, Coogs!

2 Likes

Underway against the mices. Apparently, regardless of outcome UH has a share of Conference title. If UCF pulls the upset there is a tiebreaker to determine which team gets auto bid to the December Dance. It looks like the first tie breaker is total sets won. UH won 3 - 1 in earlier meeting.

The UCF gym is packed, but does not look as nice a facility as FC.

I suspect this game is what tourney games will resemble 19-17 UH 1st set.

Playing a little tight in 3rd set. They want this bad. Nice to see a few Coog shirts in the crowd.

1 Like

Coogs take set 4 and if they win set 5, they are champs!

UCF takes the final set and are co-champs with the Coogs.

UH has an auto-bid to the tournament. They finish the regular season 19-1.

3 Likes

To the tournament for the first time since 2000!

2 Likes

What a great season. Sunday we find out who we host next weekend.

Regardless of any result from here, this has been a truly sensational season. All associated with the program deserve a pat on the back.

Here is to hoping for an extended run.

3 Likes

Bummer but still so proud of this team!

1 Like

Not really a bummer. Proud the Coogs took it to 5 sets and get the automatic bid in front of a great home town crowd for UCF. So much fun to watch!

3 Likes

It’s a bummer because we lost but it was a great game between two fine teams

2 Likes

It is a lot of fun to watch, and much like hockey the athleticism and intensity doesn’t fully transfer to TV

3 Likes

I think it’s unlikely we host this year. We started the week at #17 in the RPI’s. Losing at #18 UCF didn’t hurt as much as just having to play #211 USF. #14 Rice was idle and the other three teams just ahead of us won all their matches, so I doubt anyone will drop out of the top 16. I’m hoping we go to Rice and get revenge for that first match loss.

1 Like

Got a 5th seed and matched up with 4 seed Creighton who is hosting in Omaha.

1 Like