Walk up Music

For those that played in High School, College or both….what was your walk up music?

What is your favorite song of a current MLB player?

If you were playing today, what would your walk up be?

In high school the coach started letting us have music my junior year.
I used Country Boy Can Survive one year and U2’s Desire the next.

In college it was “UnSkinny Bop” by Poison, Hey Baby Que Paso by Texas Tornadoes, Volver, Volver by Vicente Fernandez and Shake My Tree by Coverdale-Page.

1 Like

Just off the top of my head of what I would want to walk up to (I’m sure there are plenty others):
U2 City of Blinding Lights
Slam by Onyx
Can’t Stop by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Good Life by Kanye West
Today by Smashing Pumpkins
Probably some Lil Wayne in there too. I like all sorts of stuff.

1 Like

The Cougar fight song

1 Like

I only had walk up music in college. I used these three because I like the way they open.

Dr. Feelgood - Motley Crue
Stranglehold - Ted Nugent
Runnin’ with the Devil - Van Halen

1 Like

I’m pretty old. I always asked this guy to hum a few bars of “Alexander’s Ragtime Band”

3 Likes

I always thought the Eagles “Twenty-One” would be great for anyone with that uniform number.
For Coogs: X’s “I See Red” would light a fire under any hitters bat; I’m surprised “Houston” has never been used. Most would go with the Dean Martin version, but I lean toward Lee Hazlewood’s or The Hates versions.
What is the pitcher’s music called? Pitching appearance music? Mound music?

1 Like

Entrance songs.

I always thought it would be cool if a closer used “Hey Man, Nice Shot” by Filter….just let it build with that bass guitar intro and come blasting through the gate when it took off.

1 Like

In HS my walk-up song was “Walk” by Pantera. If I played today, I would select “I kissed a girl and I liked it” by Katy Perry hahahahahahaha. Seriously I’m not really sure what I’d walk up to today. Probably “Would” by Alice in Chains even though that song was out when I was in HS lol.

My favorite MLB walkup song isn’t actually a walk up song… it’s the horns entrance with the Mets closer.

1 Like

Bee Gees “Wind of change”

I think it would be kind of funny if a closer came out to this:

1 Like

Bold choice Cotton.

+1 Bee Gees

1 Like

Should have known you were a “Disco” guy Jesse.

1 Like

You making fun for reaction

I grew up in 70s Pollard as teenager. Disco was very popular, I happen to like alot of Bee Gees music then n will still listen to it now when given the oppty.

Edit: also liked Earth Wind & Fire, Gap Band , Kool & The Gang fwiw.

1 Like

Why should you have known?? Pls tell.

Just giving you a hard time jesse…

I see.

I would have messed with you had you said classic rock , country, etc.

As a kid I remember listening to the Gap band on 102.

1 Like

I never did n to this day can’t stand Heavy metal music. We all have different taste for all the genre of music available to us. Was just letting you know I’m very comfortable in my music taste & choice. The heavist rock i listened to when younger was Boston, Foreigner, Journey… they were Rock to me n i wasn’t going deeper than that.