Ward on last night's comeback

https://mobile.twitter.com/G_Ward1/status/1578590217644441600

30 Likes

Shoutout to Postma

18 Likes

I still remember his first start at Memphis and had that big TD run.

12 Likes

We have had 3 epic 4th quarter comeback victories that I can remember before this and ironically all 3 ended with a final score of 35-34. 1st one was Case Keenum & the 2011 Coogs over La Tech. 2nd one was Greg Ward Jr to Greenberry for the go ahead 2 pt conversion win at the Armed forces bowl over Pitt. 3rd one was 2015 when Greg Ward Jr rolled his ankle against cough cough cough Memphis and Kyle Postma came in and rallied to win. All 3 games were 4th quarter rallies with a final score of 35-34. And now we’ve done it twice to Memphis.

7 Likes

Tulsa in 2009 (I believe) was pretty special.

5 Likes

“Todd Graham, stick it in your pipe and smoke it baby!” will always be one of my favorite moments.

12 Likes

Didn’t Postman play vs Memphis at the Rob when Ward? was hurt? And we won that game!

1 Like

TDECU but yes he did.

Actually, we beat Memphis 33-32 last night. But still, a great comeback. Oh wait, you were talking about the Memphis game Postma led us to a 35-34 win. My bad.

1 Like

One game to win Case or Greg Ward? Two absolute bad asses.

• Case
  • G Ward

0 voters

1 Like

Ward was best with his running ability which opened up ability for him to pass the ball. Case Keenum by far had the best passing ability of any QB in UH history. He could thread the needle and put passes in windows left fans jaws dropped watching. He also was so great at leading receivers in stride with his passes to where they never lost steps in momentum on cross paterns and running backs out of the back field. His deep ball was beautiful! He understod the art of throwing the ball up and putting air under it and to a point in the field where Carrier and Edwards would run under the ball in stride for TDs. Go watch the replay of Case’s 9 TD pass game against Rice in 2011. It was just definition of him being the man!

2 Likes

One point. Case was great in his 3rd/5th year of college. Case was obviously a better NFL qb. But Ward was a better QB at UH

3 Likes

Ward’s resume > Case

5 Likes

But both were so much fun to watch

7 Likes

People forget Ward led the league in completion percentage for nearly the entire time as QB.

5 Likes

Glad they are both in the family.

3 Likes

That’s like asking which of my two children I love more…

12 Likes

After Case I didn’t think I could love again. Then came Greg. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

What is the basis of your opinion that Ward was the better QB at UH?

Ward’s resume greater than Case? Explain.

You forgot one thing if going to compare resumes between Case and Ward. Case was in the middle of two coaching chages in his tenure at UH after Briles bailed and went to Baylor, and in the final season was leading the team to a Conference Championship in 2011 and a undefeated record, but the week of the game Scumlin was interviewing with A&M and it completely destroyed the moral of the team. That team if focused would of beat Southern Miss and beat Michigan in the Sugar Bowl. I also might add that Case Keenum put UH back on the map with wins over Tech, Miss St, UCLA, and OSU. Without a Case Keenum and the program coming back off life support there would of been no Ward and there would of been no Herman. Ward might of had a high passing percentage but the offense he ran did no throw the ball even close to the rate Case was passing it so of course the percentages be different. It depends on the offense are running so passsing perctange is not a good comparison between two different offensive styles.

1 Like