WBC

Team USA starting pitching could be better. I wish Verlander and Scherzer and Cole could play. Also, as good as the lineup seems, I wish Judge and Stanton and Harper (injury) could have participated.

What do you me could have?

They all declined….I get it with pitchers and working with their home club….but position players don’t have an excuse unless they are hurt.

Two pretty underwhelming games for the US so far.

Nod of the cap to Venezuela :venezuela:.

2 Likes

Right. They all declined. That’s my point. If they didn’t decline and chose to participate, this team could be significantly better.

They blew it out.

1 Like

They need to stop reading press about how good they are….pitching is not great by any means.

1 Like

Venezuela v. Dominica was awesome!

2 Likes

This is tough.
Diaz finally great again for Mets last year. Diaz had struggled in big spots after 57 save season in Seattle.

Sal L is fuming at the Mets luck.
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5bLdQZ2Mw4DQPKAxYkqs3H?si=6e04cb0dcf3046fa

1 Like

Screw that guy, the game is played once every five years, and Venezuela and dominica was the most exciting baseball i may have ever watched.

1 Like

He hurt himself in the celebration. I think that’s different than hurting himself while actually pitching.

1 Like

I just do not see how you can hurt yourself that badly by jumping up and down….
I know I have read stories over the years of guys hurting this or that while “celebrating “.

Right after the Mets overpaid him….Yikes.

All she wrote for this season.

1 Like

I still don’t get it……I’m probably wrong but I think maybe there had to be an issue with the knee before….maybe not anything major but jumping up and down a few times on grass should not have an end result like that.

I’m Puerto Rican and that was a roller coaster of emotions, just didn’t expect it to continue after the game was over lol

2 Likes

That Richardhole for USA on the mound intentionally threw at/hit Altuve. That looked so fn obvious I don’t see how it couldn’t have been on purpose. F that pitcher to Hades.

1 Like

It sure if it was on purpose but Bard is definitely a freakin TOOL!

It definitely looked on purpose.

Any comment from Tucker re this? He should have run in from the outfield and plowed over the dbag on the mound.

He should have had Ed Oliver share his secret on how to do it.

July 4th and 5th Colorado Rockies at Minute Maid for 2 games. Bring it on!!! Yordan Alvarez lands the first punch on this ahole’s face!!!

I wouldn’t mind having Tucker and Urquidy sit for the rest of the tournament.
EDIT:
Tucker tweaked his ankle, so he will sit.
https://twitter.com/michaelschwab13/status/1637614767958269954?cxt=HHwWhICxsY_9_LktAAAA