We are currently SECOND in the conference!

That is just horrible….I hope you are kidding.

1 Like

Are you serious?! For how long before you say it’s time to go? He’s been here a very long time. I so disagree with you.

2 Likes

How long do you stay the course ? Big 12 is coming quick and it’s significantly ahead of AAC Baseball

2 Likes

Whitting’s already been here 12 years.

Hughey’s been here eight.

3 Likes

That’s idiotic. UH baseball was one of the top programs in the country prior to Whiting’s arrival. And we see where he’s taken us…

WBB at UH had a few years of success 2 or 3 coaches ago. WBB was never at the level UH Baseball was. Ever.

To make those two things equivalent, when they so clearly aren’t is absurd.

4 Likes

In fairness Whitting had some outstanding teams before everything started to cave in.
Hughey has fielded hully gulley teams since he has been here. Without strong replacements both teams will be embarrassed in the Big 12. Same for softball

1 Like

Whitting just seems to have lost his “mojo” as a game manager. Can he get it back?

Hughey has been at UH a LONG time considering his record. Its odd.

They brought in Von Reed from Syracuse. A big part of some great recruiting classes there. Hopefully the next few classes are a big step up in talent.

I’m guessing the Von Reed thing was pushed on him……this is going to happen or your gone kinda thing.

2 Likes

I have one data point that says they are not

1 Like

This is not true… Rayner Noble had losing seasons his last 2 years… Whitting went to the Regionals 4 out of 5 years and COULD go this year.

If he gets replaced, so be it, but he damn sure wasn’t handed one of the top programs in the country.

1 Like

And, if UH continues with him, going into the B12, UH will continue to not be one of the top programs in the country. I only see that the Cougars will be a cellar dweller.

2 Likes

That sucks.

The burning question that really matters…Is CTW the man to lead Coog Baseball into the Big 12 ?

1 Like

He hasn’t made the postseason in 4 years… So, if he doesn’t make it then he should be gone…

If he does make it then it’s a very tough call and I’m glad I don’t have to make that decision.

Unless he can get us back to the post season, I am inclined to say that I would not be optimistic about our chances in the Big 12 with him at the helm.

Who knows though. Maybe going to a better baseball conference will help us in recruiting to the extent that it makes us more competitive, regardless of who is coach.

Basketball and football have already seen an uptick in recruiting from the B12 news. Has baseball?

No……gradual decline over last few years……and I’m not speaking to Juco’s……

My biggest concern is the lack of development once they get here.

And no, it’s not just going to magically happen as one poster suggest……

Baseball is an entire different animal when it comes to recruiting.

2 Likes

I’m old enough to remember when the new baseball facility was touted as being the thing needed to get us over the recruiting hump.

Success requires an energy in recruiting and coaching that seems to be lacking.

8 Likes

Very well said.

It is a tough call to fire Skipper coming off a winning season…but…let’s be real…it’s a winning season with a RPI #75 and SOS #112 in a weak AAC that is behind even CUSA and the Sun Belt this year. It’s been a tough decline for years, there is zero buzz around the program. You can’t stand pat with this going into Big 12 and expect to be successful

5 Likes