We are currently SECOND in the conference!

BuT bAsEbAlL hAs BeEn HoRrIBlE.

For the love of God please stay off the baseball boardā€¦ā€¦you do a great job of making the basketball and football boards unbearable with your condemnation alreadyā€¦ā€¦you donā€™t need to win the trifecta.

2 Likes

Looking at the power rankings. At least UH should be ahead of Kansas.

1 Like

I have been to the CWS twiceā€¦.thought I would have made the trip to see the Coogs a couple of times alreadyā€¦.
Heartbreaking on a few occasionsā€¦.San Jose St. is our ā€œBucknerā€.

Hereā€™s hoping we get there one day before I passā€¦.Iā€™m only 48 but that is ancient to some on the board.

1 Like

Ugh the San Jose series was one I was trying to forget. No way we should have lost that series.
But we did and my stunned eyes saw each game

2 Likes

Yep, so did mineā€¦.I was so mad after that lossā€¦.and the SJSU promptly went 0-2 at the CWS.

1 Like

59ā€¦Iā€™d like to get there before a I need a scooter

1 Like

I have never been and will not go unless the Coogs are involved. I had the chance when I was a freshman at UH when the Coogs shocked the world and finished second to Arizona State in Omaha.
Unfortunately I was a broke journalism student and couldnā€™t goā€¦
My days are running down also and I would love a chance to go within the next couple of years.

4 Likes

Iā€™m 50. I definitely want to see UH make the CWS, make the BCS football playoffs, and win a Natty in menā€™s BBall before Iā€™m done!

1 Like

You are a young whipper snapper.

I have a question for someone who knows. I do not. The current coaches from Tennessee and Middle Tennessee State. Were they involved in recruiting last year or did they come on board pretty much after the recruiting season was over. In other words, were any of the current players recruited by them.

1 Like

When we do make it, weā€™re going to party in Omaha !!! I might be cruising around in my souped up electric scooter but I wouldnā€™t miss it

2 Likes

Know idea about MTSU but at UT , Vitello started in 2017 and brought Frank Anderson with him.

Vitello is known as one of the best recruiter in the nation, even when he was an assistantā€¦ā€¦So he is responsible for the last 4 classes at Tennessee.

Itā€™s actually worth the trip if youā€™re a baseball fan, even if your team isnā€™t there. Itā€™s really a great experience.

Iā€™m sure it is but at my age I am only interested in watching the Coogs and Astrosā€¦lol

2 Likes

Thatā€™s about where I am too. The last 2 yrs the Rockets have taken a significant drop off my priority list after never missing a game on TV if I was home. Last 2 yrsā€” Nope, only sparily. Donā€™t care for some of the new guys but Iā€™ve brought that up before n got got blasted on here . :grin::joy::sweat_smile::rofl:

Edit: Texans are barely hanging on w/ me also. If weā€™re home, definitely watch them. But donā€™t plan my Sundayā€™s around them like I did w the Oilers & GK Coached Texans.

2 Likes

The reason I ask. When Noble was coaching, our best years were when he had as assistants Stockton (Sr), Couch, and Allen. Once he lost those assistants, the program went downhill. Same with Whitting. Whittingā€™s best years were with Anderson, Couch, and Taylor. When we lost those guys, program started its slide.

Bunn has a history of being a good pitching coach. He has made some questionable decisions and we may know more after we play UCF and ECU, but it seems the pitching has gotten better throughout the year. And I look at Sears from last year to this year. In addition, the hitting has improved throughout the year although again, will no more when they face UCF and ECU.

My point. It is not all about the head coach. A lot of it is tied to the assistants. More about who the head coach hires. I understand the oneā€™s who want to clean the slate and start over and I can argue on that side. I also think it might be interesting to see how these two assistants do recruiting for us this year.

Maybe ?

To answer your questions, Coach Kivett is considered a great recruiter around the college baseball ranks. His peers consider him to be a ā€œdude.ā€ He joined UH last summer and therefore would not have had a hand recruiting the current players (unless there was a late transfer/JUCO kid, etc., maybe).

I am certain he is actively recruiting some studs for UH right now. A couple have already committed. Iā€™d say it is pretty likely more will in the future. In recruiting, you win some and lose some. You get told no more often than you get told yes. But from what I hear he is doing a good job at recruiting since getting to UH.

In baseball, recruiting happens younger than you may think or realize. Meaning a lot of kids recruiters are going after are younger than you may realize and are 3 and in some cases 4 years away from stepping foot on a college campus.

2 Likes

Also, I just saw that Houston leads the American in batting average and hits.

I had to look, because I couldnā€™t believe it. :laughing:

Weā€™re also 2nd in runs scored and fielding percentage, which is also surprising.

Being 1st in walks allowed, however, is not surprising.